Why become a member? ×

EA Wizzy 10" vs BF ONE10

NoirBass

Has anyone had a chance to try both?

Interested in the pros and cons really if you have - I've borrowed a couple of ONE10's and was blown away at how efficient they are and how warm they sounded. Would the single Wizzy give a similar low end? and would the mids/highs be a bit more defined? assuming I'm only using a single ONE10.

Edited by NoirBass

I've owned an EA wizzy10 and found it had poor low end performance and farted out very early. I've owned and use BF cabs, they're great and also recently bought a Greenboy Crazy 8, which blows the EA wizzy10 out the water. The Crazy 8 exceeds all expectations i had. The BF ONE10 doesn't have a tweeter, so for my tonal preferences that's why I went for the Crazy 8

[quote name='MOSCOWBASS' timestamp='1460388562' post='3025250']
I've owned an EA wizzy10 and found it had poor low end performance and farted out very early. I've owned and use BF cabs, they're great and also recently bought a Greenboy Crazy 8, which blows the EA wizzy10 out the water. The Crazy 8 exceeds all expectations i had. The BF ONE10 doesn't have a tweeter, so for my tonal preferences that's why I went for the Crazy 8
[/quote]

I've been reading a lot about these 'Crazy' cabs.
How much low end do they actually put out?
Have you tried the Crazy88 too?
Oh, and finally, how good are they with electric bass, and I think they were originally intended for Double and Acoustic Bass use...

Cheers,
Eude

[quote name='eude' timestamp='1460389588' post='3025266']
I've been reading a lot about these 'Crazy' cabs.
How much low end do they actually put out?
Have you tried the Crazy88 too?
Oh, and finally, how good are they with electric bass, and I think they were originally intended for Double and Acoustic Bass use...

Cheers,
Eude
[/quote]
I'm an electric player, 5 string. The low end is good, don't know how the roll off specs compare (nowhere near the BB2), but I like the sound it produces, no lack of bass for me, but i'm not doing reggae!. I use mine with a GK MB800 ( i know it's more powerful than the Crazy 8 should handle) it sounds fine with input gain at 11 oclock and master at 12 oclock with my basses. I have the bass at 12 oclock with the crazy8, but back it off to 10 oclock with the BB2. Crazy8 takes slapping on the B string at this level. I wasn't expecting the Crazy8 to handle this as well as it does, it was bought to do restaurant gigs where i have to carry a distance. Turns out I use it in medium sized pubs with 5 piece band...electric piano, bass, drums, sax and vocals. I think the Crazy88 would be great, but weighs in at more than the BB2. The Crazy8 i have weighs 20lbs, has the newer rear port, from Tricky audio, nicely built.

[quote name='MOSCOWBASS' timestamp='1460390713' post='3025286']
I'm an electric player, 5 string. The low end is good, don't know how the roll off specs compare (nowhere near the BB2), but I like the sound it produces, no lack of bass for me, but i'm not doing reggae!. I use mine with a GK MB800 ( i know it's more powerful than the Crazy 8 should handle) it sounds fine with input gain at 11 oclock and master at 12 oclock with my basses. I have the bass at 12 oclock with the crazy8, but back it off to 10 oclock with the BB2. Crazy8 takes slapping on the B string at this level. I wasn't expecting the Crazy8 to handle this as well as it does, it was bought to do restaurant gigs where i have to carry a distance. Turns out I use it in medium sized pubs with 5 piece band...electric piano, bass, drums, sax and vocals. I think the Crazy88 would be great, but weighs in at more than the BB2. The Crazy8 i have weighs 20lbs, has the newer rear port, from Tricky audio, nicely built.
[/quote]

Thanks for the info mate, they do sound like they're defying the laws of physics, but who said that was a bad thing :)

Eude