Why become a member? ×

Musically Unfulfilled

Truckstop

I'm quite happy having got out of the pub rock/pop covers band thing, for a while at least. The whole thing just feels uncomfortable to me and I began to enjoy it less and less to the point it was a chore.

I did my first gig a week or so ago with an originals band I joined a few months back and it felt more me. Also writing new material, stuff no one's ever heard before, no one has ever written a bass line to, that's really appealing to me.

The one major PITA regards bands is the high quota of lazy and bone idle gits who, rather than put in the work, just want to brag to their mates they're in a band.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1461078410' post='3031243']

The one major PITA regards bands is the high quota of lazy and bone idle gits who, rather than put in the work, just want to brag to their mates they're in a band.
[/quote]

That sounds more to me like most guys I know that are in originals bands.

They spend more time in the basement then those out there sweating and working.Just my opinion.

Cover bands are not all a like, some are marginal, some are fantastic. It's the same with originals bands. Some are suprisely good with great material.And some are marginal at best.

Blue

[quote name='4stringslow' timestamp='1461092512' post='3031444']
It's a good job there are some good originals bands out there otherwise cover bands would have nothing to play ;)
[/quote]

True, so more power the the originals bands with talent and great material.

Blue

Edited by blue