Why become a member? ×

Compressors with no threshold/gain reduction LED

timmyo

Hi,

I'm thinking of switching compressors because the Compressore is so darned big and needs its own supply.

One thing I find good about it (other than sounding utterly brilliant obv) is the LED that tells you when it's working (i.e. when the threshold has been exceeded and there is gain reduction going on)

i've become quite reliant on it for quickly getting things set up with different basses/control selections. Of course by ear is always the best way but I'm wondering if ear-balling it becomes easier?

I quite like the look/sound of the Aguilar TLC, but it doesn't have any indication like this.

Anyway, interested in other folks' thoughts

cheers!
Tim

Edited by timmyo

I had the compressore, which I thought was great, my favourite compressor ever. I also hated the size and supply issue so got rid of it.

I've been through many compressors and have settled on the Aguilar TLC, it's the only other compressor I've ever really been happy with. The lack of metering is a shame but I have learned to use my ear and I don't really miss it.

Of the other compressors I've tried, the MXR is the one I'd probably go back to, all those LEDs can be quite handy!! The EBS is ok too, with its one knob compression control.

[quote name='aldude' timestamp='1459148053' post='3013770']
I had the compressore, which I thought was great, my favourite compressor ever. I also hated the size and supply issue so got rid of it.

I've been through many compressors and have settled on the Aguilar TLC, it's the only other compressor I've ever really been happy with. The lack of metering is a shame but I have learned to use my ear and I don't really miss it.

Of the other compressors I've tried, the MXR is the one I'd probably go back to, all those LEDs can be quite handy!! The EBS is ok too, with its one knob compression control.
[/quote]

Thanks mate.

Yes the TLC has caught my ear - I'll keep my eye out for one and see how I get on