Why become a member? ×

Baggy Trousers

Hot Tub

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='290237' date='Sep 23 2008, 06:50 PM']Well, that's a rather fun little ditty to play! :huh:

(Just wanted to share that, 'cause I'm really chuffed at being able to play it! :) )

As you were.[/quote]

Well done- that's a tricky old line to play - Growing up in the eighties, that was one of my favourite tunes and bass lines. Bedders came up with some excellent stuff.

Steve

Funnily enough House of Fun was my favourite song when I was a kid, long before I started playing bass. Other favourites at the time were Bad Manners - Walking in the Sunshine, Specials' Too Much Too Young, and of course Hit Me.

I fell into playing bass quite by accident but it turned out I'd always preferred songs with ace bass parts. :)

[quote name='thisnameistaken' post='290492' date='Sep 24 2008, 12:31 AM']I fell into playing bass quite by accident but it turned out I'd always preferred songs with ace bass parts. :)[/quote]

My other half is excatley the same, when i first met her she was a bit ashamed to admit that she never listened to the Bassline..... now she knows it's there & she listens to all her fave tracks all have strong Basslines.

She loves Bass now.
I'm trying to convince her to learn a instrument at the moment.

[quote name='fumps' post='290533' date='Sep 24 2008, 07:59 AM']My other half is excatley the same, when i first met her she was a bit ashamed to admit that she never listened to the Bassline..... now she knows it's there & she listens to all her fave tracks all have strong Basslines.[/quote]

I was exactly the same, living in ignorance, but between them, Tinman and the good folks of Basschat have heducated me :)

[quote name='Hot Tub' post='290237' date='Sep 23 2008, 06:50 PM']Well, that's a rather fun little ditty to play! :huh:

(Just wanted to share that, 'cause I'm really chuffed at being able to play it! :) )

As you were.[/quote]

Cool. I learnt it a few weeks ago and we have just started playing it as well.
Great bass line.

[quote name='fumps' post='290533' date='Sep 24 2008, 07:59 AM']My other half is excatley the same, when i first met her she was a bit ashamed to admit that she never listened to the Bassline..... now she knows it's there & she listens to all her fave tracks all have strong Basslines.

She loves Bass now.
I'm trying to convince her to learn a instrument at the moment.[/quote]

Mrs PTB was the same, now she's seen the light :huh:

I've also started teachin her some bits, and she's got a natural groove that's pretty awesome! Her most recent musical conquest is the funky main guitar riff in Superstition...*sob* I'm so proud! :)

[quote name='StevieC' post='290246' date='Sep 23 2008, 07:03 PM']Well done- that's a tricky old line to play - Growing up in the eighties, that was one of my favourite tunes and bass lines. Bedders came up with some excellent stuff.

Steve[/quote]
X2 Funny wnough i was playing along with with "baggy trousers" the other week , spooky !

I remember learning "It must be love " a few years back and it was a BALLBUSTER !

Great lines!