Why become a member? ×

SOLD - Fender CIJ 62 reissue Precision *UK COURIER NOW AVAILABLE*
£450

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Here we have a bass which I (truly) thought I'd never sell. This really is an utterly wonderful playing and sounding instrument, but I'm extremely lucky to be able to say that I've now found a Precision (type) bass that is better. I never really thought it would happen, and I've thought long and hard about selling this bass as I love it, but it's now not being played.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Dating from 2004-2005, this bass has led an interesting, mod-based life. When I bought it, it had EMGs installed (the battery box is still in place). I'm not a massive fan of these, so I swapped them out for a set of Wizard Trad pups; this restored a lovely vintage tone. After this (about 18 months ago), one of the tuners developed a rattle, so I fitted a Hipshot D-tuner.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]The bass sounds great and plays incredibly well; it is set up with a nice low action, and it has the thin vintage frets which have been installed very well - it is definitely some of the tidiest fretwork I've seen on a Fender bass. The neck isn't too wide and deep either; it's not Jazz thin, but definitely not the wide vintage Precision profile either - more of a modern P profile which is really comfy. Weight is about 9lbs.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]The condition is pretty good, but there are a few knocks and scratches, and a couple of screwholes where a bridge cover has been fitted.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]It's currently fitted with TI flats, but I can set it up with a set of Slinkys for no extra cost.[/color][/font][/size]

[size=4][font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][color=#000000]Looking for £450 collected from Nottingham, or I can courier in the UK for £465.[/color][/font][/size]

[attachment=214304:bass2.jpg] [attachment=214305:bass3.jpg] [attachment=214308:bass6.jpg] [attachment=214306:bass4.jpg] [attachment=214307:bass5.jpg] [attachment=214303:bass1.jpg]

Edited by guybrush threepwood