Why become a member? ×

My dean taxi hollow body bass. Taking to a tech, for a setup and new strings...

So today for the first time in ages, I picked up the above and had a. Blast for over an hour . Haven't touched my basses for ages, due to myasthenia making me lethargic and lazy. I need to get a long strap with lace to wear it properly etc. It felt awkward at first tbh,but after about 20 mins I was getting some sort of fluidity.
The initial pain I had was disappearing.
What I did notice tho' , is the action is completely out. It looks a bi fiddly to adjust , so I'll leave it to the expert to sort out.
What I wondering tho', is what type of strings are best for it? I've tried round wound/ flat wound . Haven't chose nylon yet. I'm after very light strings .

Anyone got a similar bass,and could give advice ? Was thinking about offloading and getting something smaller, but I love the yellow;)

Cheers

I've just been having a conversation with The Hat who isn't getting on with the Status Tapewounds (40-100) that I recommended to him. He feels that they're "too soft and flexible" - personally I love them - smooth, easy on the fingertips, low tension - my favourite strings.

Soft and flexible yet able to take hard playing - TI flats or Chromes. I am very partial to TIs, they last forever, > 8 years on one bass. With the durability comes the added bonus of getting them s/h via bc :) I have them on short, intermediate and full 34" basses. All is good.

Edited by 3below