Why become a member? ×

London venue seeking bands..

TheGreek

Ah, the Comedy. The only gig I did where not only were the originals bands not paid (which is fairly common) but were told (just before going on stage) that we had to pay £5 per amp if we wanted to use the back line we were told would be provided for us. How we laughed!

Edited by dannybuoy

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1457505506' post='2999091']
Ah, the Comedy. The only gig I did where not only were the originals bands not paid (which is fairly common) but were told (just before going on stage) that we had to pay £5 per amp if we wanted to use the back line we were told would be provided for us. How we laughed!
[/quote]

I can assure you we will laugh too ;) whilst leaving lol

[quote name='dannybuoy' timestamp='1457505506' post='2999091']
[/quote]

Take it out of my fee, yeah?

[quote name='Shockwave' timestamp='1457530845' post='2999405']
The promoters name is Mark and we played at the St Moritz club last Friday. We got paid, not a lot but we did get paid which is more to be said then most clubs. It was a great night though. Good crowd for an originals show.
[/quote]

Yep Mark, that's the guy that contacted us through our FB page. We don't need to be paid too much but it's nice to cover costs.

Doesnt mention a PA being provided. I would rather stick all but bass through the PA with preamps - at least you know what you are getting.

Back in the day we used to get pennies playing support in london pubs on the Toilet Circuit, which was then paid to the sound guy with the main band.
Once you rose through the ranks, the money wasn`t bad. That was in the days of the Hope, the Nashville Rooms, the Greyhound, etc.