Why become a member? ×

gear at the show,

stef030

I suspect many Exhibitors would happily do a deal rather than load the gear back on their vans and driving it all back to their factory/warehouse/premises. After all the idea of the show is to get sales. You should be able to haggle at least.

I suppose it's a bit of a mixed bag for exhibitors... especially if your a one man outfit who's brought a handful of builds along. If you sell everything in the first half hour then then you end up with an empty stand for two days and not a lot of people checking out your instruments... probably miss out on a bunch of orders. :blink:

Edited by CamdenRob

People like Markbass were doing some good deals on their top end kit last year and others had discounts on straps etc. I do not recall any movement on bass / cabinet prices and indeed quite a few stands were not selling any kit on either day, just demonstrating their wares. I did buy an RC4 pedal from TC Electronics (at the standard price, iirc)but had to go to the Bass Direct stand to pay for it as TC had no card machines and it was posted to me.

To me the show was greatly more about trialling than buying and the superb workshops / mini concerts given by the star guests. I loved it and will be there for both days just for the workshops / performances.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1457541986' post='2999536']
I suppose it's a bit of a mixed bag for exhibitors... especially if your a one man outfit who's brought a handful of builds along. If you sell everything in the first half hour then then you end up with an empty stand for two days and not a lot of people checking out your instruments... probably miss out on a bunch of orders. :blink:
[/quote]

Quite often they'll mark them as sold so they can be taken at the end of the day(s) instead but yeah could be tricky!