Why become a member? ×

Gone: 1986 Warwick Thumb Bass NT5 in white
£1500

starman

Gorgeous!

Have you got any more details on that thumb fiver? It looks a little later than an 86 to me, more like an 88 or 89 with the normal Thumb truss rod cover, 2 piece bridge and adjustable nut, although I notice you say it has had its pickups repositioned, so presume its a refinish? Could well be an 86 in that case :) Does it have a serial number visible?

Love that grain on the 4 string :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1456181619' post='2986450']
Gorgeous!

Have you got any more details on that thumb fiver? It looks a little later than an 86 to me, more like an 88 or 89 with the normal Thumb truss rod cover, 2 piece bridge and adjustable nut, although I notice you say it has had its pickups repositioned, so presume its a refinish? Could well be an 86 in that case :) Does it have a serial number visible?

Love that grain on the 4 string :)
[/quote]

I have an email from Hans Peter Wilfer giving the information on it Kev. It originally had the old pickup position but was still at the factory unsold when they changed to the new position, this is presumably why they painted it rather than leave it natural. It does have an '86 serial number stamped into the paint at the end of the headstock.

[quote name='starman' timestamp='1456185798' post='2986501']
I have an email from Hans Peter Wilfer giving the information on it Kev. It originally had the old pickup position but was still at the factory unsold when they changed to the new position, this is presumably why they painted it rather than leave it natural. It does have an '86 serial number stamped into the paint at the end of the headstock.
[/quote]

Awesome! Rare beast then, lovely stuff!

• 5 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...