Why become a member? ×

SOLD Hayman 4040 Custom Stereo
£420

baldwinbass

I understand Hayman basses were manufactured 1971 - 1973, and I swapped my Burns Flyte for this one in 1978

There are dents and scuffs as you would expect.

It has stacked pots which sometimes sound a little scratchy, and I haven't tried to cure.

Maple neck and staggered spit pick-up under the Perspex.

The control plate has [i]two[/i] selector switches, and it needs a splitter/stereo cable to operate properly - I will include a cheap cable - it won't work with a 'mono' cable.

Basschatters are welcome to try before you buy, cash on collection.

I'm not into trading, shipping or couriers but might be persuaded to deliver for petrol money in Hants/W.Sussex area.

Edited by baldwinbass

It's nice although the 6 screw neck plate and headstock logo are non standard, is there any history? I think a few of us would be interested if you would be prepared to courier it. 😉

Edited by ash

Hi,

I've no idea about the neck plate and logo, I'm afraid, and I'd always assumed the bass was originally built that way. Also I've seen pics of other Haymans with perspex bridge covers etc but this one has never had them fitted, well at least there are no screw holes. I haven't sold over t'nternet before, so am concerned about entrusting this lovely instrument to the tender mercies of a courier. However........

Regards :)