Why become a member? ×

TRADED: G&L L-1505 FIVE STRING, USA NOT TRIBUTE.

Cabal

G&L L-1505 5 string active for swap only.

Hardly played since new (2000), hence immaculate. Black in colour, rosewood fretboard. Comes with original G&L hard case, good cond.

See G&L's website for all the details: [url="http://www.glguitars.com/"]http://www.glguitars.com/[/url]

I'd love this bass if it didn't have five strings. Actually, i do love it, but five strings just aren't for me. Looking for a straight swap for something comparable with four strings. Make me an offer. No haggling please, i've got no money and nothing to barter with. :-)

I've played it so little i never even got it set-up, and its still "as new" in that respect. In other words it isn't set-up at all, still has a couple of "straight out of the case" fret rattles. Also, the input crackles with certain leads only, again from new. Don't think its a fault, it just needs a good quality sturdy lead.

An L-1500 four string or an MIA precision would be great, but anything considered. It doesn't have to be immaculate, depends what it is. I'm more interested in getting something i'm actually going to play. I'm liking headless at the moment.

Birmingham/West Mids area.

Cheers, Jake M

[attachment=13721:L_1505_21_09_08.jpg]

Edited by Jake_M

[quote name='martthebass' post='288322' date='Sep 21 2008, 12:27 AM']Damn, if only my jazz had frets....[/quote]

Cheers Mart. Well, if this turns out to be the only offer i may well be up for it. I don't play the G&L at all as i said, because no matter how i try i cannot get into five strings. Its just such a waste of a good bass. A four string fretless though i'd play for sure.

Give it a week or two, see if any other offers come in.

I'm kinda-sorta on the look out for a five string and this would fit the bill. I not sure I have much to swap. My 'spare' basses are a Yamaha TRB4ii and a Yamaha TRB-1006.

I haven't a clue what the G&L is worth. Anybody want to put a ball-park figure on it? Also, what is the string spacing at the bridge. I don't get on with narrow spacings at all but this one looks quite wide.

Any further interest on this?

This bass is in "as new" condition, and from what i can see you'd be hard pressed to find one if you wanted to buy new in the UK, and if you did it'd cost an arm and a leg.

Its not like i'm actually asking money for it, just take a punt and swap for something you hardly ever play. :-)

For me, the clincher is the sound. Its the middle ground between Fender/Musicman, but on steroids. I'd prefer to keep it, but as i said, i'm a four string man.

I'm going to give it a few more days and make an decision on whether to swap for one of the offers i've had, or just keep it and try to get into five strings after all.

Cheers, Jake M

Edited by Jake_M

[quote name='martthebass' post='297928' date='Oct 2 2008, 07:56 PM']Nice one Jake - glad you found something you like.

I got an MIA P bass about this time last year just as a back up to my Thumb and Sterling. Out of the 3 it's the only one I have left and it gigs most w'ends.[/quote]
Sixteeth aniversary model, sounds great. Chuffed.

Its not the first Precision i've let slip through my fingers over the years. Had to choose between that and another offer of a Warkwick $$ in the end. Hard choice, i really liked the look of the Warwick, but you just can't go wrong with a Precision. Pretty much the definitive bass sound for me, if its a good one. I should really have gotten one in the first place and been been done, but my head was turned by the G&L.

Did you manage to trade the Jazz?

Cheers, Jake M

[quote name='Jake_M' post='298138' date='Oct 2 2008, 11:12 PM']Sixteeth aniversary model, sounds great. Chuffed.

Its not the first Precision i've let slip through my fingers over the years. Had to choose between that and another offer of a Warkwick $$ in the end. Hard choice, i really liked the look of the Warwick, but you just can't go wrong with a Precision. Pretty much the definitive bass sound for me, if its a good one. I should really have gotten one in the first place and been been done, but my head was turned by the G&L.

Did you manage to trade the Jazz?

Cheers, Jake M[/quote]

Yup,

It's now in the safe hands of Essential Tension and his G&L L2500 should hopefully be with me tomorrow am.

Think you made the right decision between the $$ and the P BTW.

[quote name='martthebass' post='298752' date='Oct 3 2008, 05:16 PM']Yup,

It's now in the safe hands of Essential Tension and his G&L L2500 should hopefully be with me tomorrow am.

Think you made the right decision between the $$ and the P BTW.[/quote]
Me too. I think its the only one i've ever played with a standard Fender pickup, and it sounds GREAT! :-)

Edited by Jake_M