Why become a member? ×

How to detect a Fender precision Fake

briansbrew

[quote name='briansbrew' timestamp='1455819790' post='2982758']
Hi Timmo

And to cap it all my new flight case landed today and she said what is that for, I said I sold a bass and I need to replace it with something new, perfect ;)
[/quote] Sounds like the best mistake you have ever made. Perhaps we could get a crappy basschat bass just so we can sneakily get it delivered, then make out we are just selling a bass to fund a new one. What can possibly go wrong?

[quote name='timmo' timestamp='1455827345' post='2982833']
Sounds like the best mistake you have ever made. Perhaps we could get a crappy basschat bass just so we can sneakily get it delivered, then make out we are just selling a bass to fund a new one. What can possibly go wrong?
[/quote]

This has mileage, seems like one of the best moves I have encountered in a long time. Someone should organise a poll - what colour is the basschat 'deceiver' bass :)

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1455830156' post='2982873']

This has mileage, seems like one of the best moves I have encountered in a long time. Someone should organise a poll - what colour is the basschat 'deceiver' bass :)
[/quote]

It shall be a basschat fav :)

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TENNESSEE-15-STRING-EXTENDED-RANGE-BASS-/291674941903?hash=item43e92e69cf:g:bJwAAOxycgVTixwQ

Yep as others have said that's a highway one. Never played one, but I understand they were a bit of a Mexican/USA hybrid and at £600 second hand that's a bit steep in my opinion considering the new price when they came out. As a poster above mentioned, you would expect to pay £600 for an Am Std, so good of the seller to return you the cash. Saw one in my local music shop before Xmas last year for £350 second hand.

[quote name='3below' timestamp='1455830156' post='2982873']
[/quote]

Black & Decker* orange, having been also reliced with a Black & Decker.

[size=1]*other brands of power tools are available.[/size]