Why become a member? ×

Hayman 4040 with Shergold neck

alyctes

[quote name='Happy Jack' timestamp='1454396799' post='2969243']
I can only assume that the nut was done by Stevie Wonder.
[/quote]

I can only assume it's not original... and there really shouldn't be that truss hole or whatever it is at the headstock end. Mine definitely doesn't have that and definitely doesn't have an iffy nut. Still worth it for the body, electrics and perspex ashtrays alone. :)

Edit: looking again it seems the 'G' string is misplaced and out of its slot... which would explain that. Doesn't explain the mystery hole, though. Mmm, mystery hole... arrrggghhllle.

Edited by discreet

On the later NOS Shergold necks the truss rod would be adjusted at the headstock end hence the hole. Only the very first Shergolds had the adjustment at the body end - cleverly concealed under the serial plate - as they were all remainder stock from the Hayman models. The first Shergold Marathon basses also had a larger black scratchplate that covered the great big route where the Hayman electrics and PUP assembly were fitted.

If you look closely the Shergold badge is an decal version - the early versions were pinned. The black plug looks more like a sticker to me. There are variants of course because like many manufacturers they used what came to hand however the general rule is that the later bass necks and certainly the NOS versions had rods adjustment at the headstock.