Why become a member? ×

Bass shops near stamford

danbanbass

I live near Stamford so I am interested in the advice given. I took a look at the Old Hat Guitars website and there is hardly anything there. It also looks to deal in expensive, vintage guitars which might not be what the OP is looking for. The last Facebook entry from the shop was in May 2015. To balance this a visitor describes the shop in glowing terms after visiting on the 22 January this year. So a great shop with a poor online presence?

I travel down to Bass Direct in Warwick. It is a bit of a drive but you are not going to find a larger range of basses (not all are high-end) in the UK, I don't think.

In short, not really although there are plans afoot for something in Peterborough soon. You've got the Musicroom in Lincoln or Music Street in Huntingdon and PMT in Cambridge. Peterborough Music is closing down and they've not got a lot left in. Bass Direct is your best bet

If you're in Peterborough why not contact Nick Smith (Dr of the Bass) - he has a shop attached to a studio where he teaches, etc. With a mere 90 odd basses in his own personal collection he may be able to help you out.

If you're interested PM me and I can pass on his mob no.