Why become a member? ×

Trujillo's Jaco movie

keefbaker

[b]Quick question:[/b] the version I have (as yet unwatched) is an NTSC coded "all regions" DVD.

Anyone else have this copy - and did it play ok?

I'm asking 'cos I always thought NTSC DVDs didn't work on European (PAL 2) players. Seems as though some people on Amazon are having problems with this.

Usually, NTSC discs don't work on Region 2 only players. However, some players are all regions (usually laptop drives are in my experience) or some have the ability to be "unlocked" to all regions if you search for what the secret button press is on the remote.

So I've heard, I'm not sure you're really supposed to do it of course ;-)

[quote name='Huge Hands' timestamp='1455553987' post='2980147']Usually, NTSC discs don't work on Region 2 only players. However, some players are all regions...[/quote]
[quote name='toneknob' timestamp='1455568410' post='2980353']
Same here - thought I'd be ok with my DVD player that has handled NTSC fine before, but I've just checked and that was Region 1-6 encoded discs, whereas Jaco is Region 0 only.[/quote]

Cheers guys. I watched it last night [i](was meant to be a birthday present, but Mrs Skol brought it forward for Valentine's Day :gas: ). [/i]Thankfully plays fine on my very old and cheap DVD player.

Great film, really enjoyed it - if 'enjoyed' is the right word. Obviously very sad towards the end; the footage of him with Jeremy Jemmott (the instructional DVD stuff) is particularly painful to watch. Still, very inspirational stuff.

Interesting to see his son Felix, who appears to have inherited his father's hands and sounds like quite a player himself.

Looking forward to watching the outtakes disc next chance I get...

• 10 months later...