Why become a member? ×

what strings

stef030

[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=5]can someone please advise me as to what strings to use,[/size][/font]
[font=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][size=5]I recently bought a four string acoustic bass for a idea that I have,[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]for all my other basses I use extra light gauge strings on both 4/5 strings basses,[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]the question I have is can I use the same strings that I normally use or are there specific[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]strings for a acoustic,[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]thanks in advance for the advice[/size][/font]

[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]cheers[/size][/font]
[font=arial, helvetica, sans-serif][size=5]stef [/size][/font]

As above - I have used quite a few bronzewound strings on my Washburn elec/acoustic bass, and found the best
are D'Addario and Elites. Not so good (for me anyway)are Fender or Martin. Have n't yet tried Elixirs but
have heard good things about them. Assuming your bass has a piezo type pickup I think bronze acoustic style
strings will give better results than standard electric bass ones.

You can put any bass guitar strings on an acoustic bass guitar. Whether you like the feel and sound is another matter.

I have a Takamine B10 with La Bella 760FS flats. Very nice, IMO.

I used to have a Michael Kelly Dragonfly with Thomastik JF344 Jazz Flats. Also very nice, IMO.

There are specific bronze acoustic bass guitar strings but, IMO, they sound and feel terrible.