Why become a member? ×

NAD! Hartke LH500

BASainty

I found the controls a bit confusing at first. Cut the mid, and the volume drops significantly I find, and some find them a bit mid-shy, but cutting the bass & treble and cranking the volume (which it certainly isn't lacking) works for me. And once I got the hang of it, it's dead simple.
Talking of volume, get it past about 6 (1-2 o'clock) and it's like the afterburner's been switched on :)

Love mine...

Edited by barkin

Had mine for about 5 years now. Changed the valve for a Genalex Gold Lion one from Hot Rox straight after purchase, & have never considered changing the amp since. Love the solid build, great volume, superb tones, & the simple control layout really makes you wonder what's the point of many EQ sliders!! Enjoy.

Edited by Wilco

[quote name='barkin' timestamp='1447879365' post='2911240']
I found the controls a bit confusing at first. Cut the mid, and the volume drops significantly I find, and some find them a bit mid-shy, but cutting the bass & treble and cranking the volume (which it certainly isn't lacking) works for me. And once I got the hang of it, it's dead simple.
Talking of volume, get it past about 6 (1-2 o'clock) and it's like the afterburner's been switched on :)

Love mine...
[/quote]

It's a classic Fender tone stack so all passive, and naturally very scooped. Something like bass/treble on 2, and mids on full is 'flat'.

Great straight up big warm bassy amps!

Sounded great during practice. I found it to be plenty middy enough for me (Although I was using a jazz bass).

Set lows at 3oclock, mids at 12oclock and highs at 11oclock and sounded exactly what I was looking for.

Cut through the mix very well and made everything sound massive. Packs a punch too! Plenty loud enough for pretty much any gig!