Why become a member? ×

FENDER JB - DAN SMITH ERA (Fullerton)
£1160

govons

Fender Jazz Bass Sienna Burst colour (rare)

Really good bass from Dan Smith era (Fullerton) with particular look, white pick up, and killer sound.
Neck serial number is '78 and body '83.

It comes with hard case.

No trade

[b]PRICE: £1160 or €1650[/b]

Edited by govons

[quote name='thebassist' timestamp='1448012420' post='2912218']
I'm sure I'm being super stupid here but I don't understand the '78 serial number and the '83 neck stamp?

'78 necks had block inlays too?

Is this a special edition or something?
[/quote]

thanks for your interest.

As many of you certainly know at that time (early '80) at Fender Factory there were available several pieces from late '70 stock and in many cases they assembled instruments with different serial and year: body, neck, fingerboard, etc.

Yes you can consider it as a special edition due to uncommon look that we are used to see nowadays but actually is the same of "american standard" of that period years.

If you are looking for a particular jazz bass with great tone at rigjht price this is the piece.

Edited by govons

• 4 weeks later...

[quote name='thebassist' timestamp='1448012420' post='2912218']
I'm sure I'm being super stupid here but I don't understand the '78 serial number and the '83 neck stamp?

'78 necks had block inlays too?

Is this a special edition or something?
[/quote]
Dots were reintroduced at the end of 1978.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi guys, weight is 4,4kg.
About sound IMHO: bass is 32 years old and sound is sharp, You have feeling fast reaction on fingerboard as well as solid bottom bass frequency.
I found it good in different situation but of course this is personal. I think that it can be considered like "reissue" series of that period but more "sparkling" ;)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...