Why become a member? ×

SOLD: SWR Triad 3-Way Bass Speaker
£120

silverfoxnik

[b]SOLD[/b]

Hi Folks

After having owned this cab for 8 years or so, I've decided to put it up for sale for [b]SOLD[/b]. plus p&p. I bought it on here from Lee-Man in 2007 and have probably done about a 200-300 gigs and countless rehearsals with it in that time, and it's been great!

However, much as I love the sound of these cabs, I have two reasons for selling it; (i) I've got too many cabs anyway, and (ii) I've got two of these cabs, having bought another one recently..

[b]Condition, photos[/b]
In terms of condition, it's not too bad but it is a little but rough around the edges to be honest.. When I get time during daylight hours, I'll try and get some more detailed pictures taken and uploaded.. But for now, here it is pictured at the South Eat Bass Bash a couple of years ago:

[attachment=205127:IMG_2733.jpg]

The cross-shaped black gaffa tape that's across the front of it can be removed quite easily, but I put it on there to stop the speaker grill from vibrating which it did at certain frequencies. Not the most elegant of fixes, but it worked.

[b]Sound[/b]
Sound-wise, if you look on the internet, the jury's out about full-range bass cabs but for me, I've found the Triad to be a very versatile cab, capable of delivering fantastic lows with quite an articulate mid-range and a sweet top end. I remember Alex Claber A/B-ing his prototype Super 12T against this cab at one of the Bashes about 4 or 5 years ago, and although the Super 12T was capable of taking more power (and it's a lot lighter obviously), the sound of the two cabs side by side was actually quite similar - something Alex commented on at the time..

Here's a review posted on Musician's Friend some years ago:

[i][color=#333333][font=Arial, Calibri, Helvetica, sans-serif][size=3]"I've been gigging with the SWR Triad cabinet for exactly 10 years this month. It's been through all sorts of music to include acoustic world type music to heavy progressive. This is the clearest sounding cabinet I have ever heard. You will hear every nuance across the frequency spectrum."[/size][/font][/color][/i]

([url="http://www.musiciansfriend.com/amplifiers-effects/swr-triad-3-way-bass-speaker-system"]http://www.musicians...-speaker-system[/url])

[b]Weight [/b]
The Triad is not light; it weighs in at approx. 82lbs, so it's not the lightest cab that's ever been built... but because it has really strong handles on the side of it, I found that with a bit of practice and either a decent trolley or castors, it's been manageable for me.

[b]Trades, shipping etc[/b]
Just to clarify that I'm not looking for any trades on this thanks. Viewings welcome if you'd like to hear it first and I m happy to ship it at your expense..

Any questions, please ask here or PM me.. Thanks for looking! :)

Nik

Edited by silverfoxnik

I had one of these babies for quite a while. Absolutely brilliant in every way except the weight, which just got too much for my poor knackered old back in the end. Still lighter than my old 4x10 though :D This is a bargain, BOLWTS

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...