Why become a member? ×

Berg CN210 - anyone using one?

obbm

I would be interested in trying one but would probably never buy one as the CN212 is only slightly heavier and not much more money. It comfortably covers any gig that I play from quiet to loud with tone that is just incredible, it really is the best one cab solution for all but those who play at Sensible volume levels.

I've been using one for few months now. It's easily loud enough for a rehearsal with a loud rock drummer. Good deep tight bass, not at all honky. Also it's really easy to transport around on a trolly.

It is not as good as the pair of 112s it replaced but its always a trade off with size vs power. I'm more than happy with it but I'd want another if gigging without PA support.

[quote name='CamdenRob' timestamp='1445191849' post='2889500']
I've been using one for few months now. It's easily loud enough for a rehearsal with a loud rock drummer. Good deep tight bass, not at all honky. Also it's really easy to transport around on a trolly.

It is not as good as the pair of 112s it replaced but its always a trade off with size vs power. I'm more than happy with it but I'd want another if gigging without PA support.
[/quote]
Nice, what amp are you using with it?

Edited by IanA

[quote name='IanA' timestamp='1445193603' post='2889521']

Nice, what amp are you using with it?
[/quote]

I'm running it with a glockenklang blue soul, very clean uncoloured class D. I've no reason to suspect the berg wouldn't be just as impressive with something more old school like a streamliner though if that's your bag :)

It a great cab and a trade off I'm happy I made... Not much point having a rig I can't get to gigs!

Last time I was at bassGear, they didn't have one or I would have tried it.
Wasn't in the market for a 210 but I like the CN series 12's and I doubt
Berg make a bad cab.
I think they are consitant in knowing what their toine goals are and what
their market it...so I don't think they'd throw in something completely off the wall