Why become a member? ×

SOLD Fender Road Worn Jazz Fiesta Red (2009) MIM SOLD
£700

Pestie

Here is my lovely 2009 Fender Road Worn Jazz in Fiesta Red. It looks, sounds and plays really lovely. I recently bought it off the site but Jazz basses and me don't really get on. I keep trying them but at heart I love my Precisions and one day I will learn. Anyway, it is roadworn with all the knocks and bangs that they have. It looks, feels and plays like an old bass but with the added advantage of modern technology. It has a little ding on the neck that you can't feel and I don't know if that is "Roadworn" or a ding, either way it doesn't affect anything. The bass comes in a Hiscox Lite Flite hard case. I live near Chipping Norton and you are more than welcome to come and collect it and try it out. Alternatively, I am happy to ship at the buyers expense.

No trades thank you.

Thanks for looking

Mike (Pestie)

[url="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Mikevickers1/media/Road%20Worn%20Jazz%20001_zpsbcge9tvc.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Mikevickers1/media/Road%20Worn%20Jazz%20002_zpsukurcnji.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Mikevickers1/media/Road%20Worn%20Jazz%20003_zps8tgdyfat.jpg.html"][/url]

[url="http://s1283.photobucket.com/user/Mikevickers1/media/Road%20Worn%20Jazz%20004_zpswfth0ndj.jpg.html"][/url]

Edited by Pestie

Really sorry this didn't work out for you Mike.
My old bass and gutted I don't have the readies to buy it back.

BUT, as Fagin might say "I am reviewing the situation" B) :P

A slightly reluctant good luck regardless.

Edited by MB1

[b]Thanks Karl. It's a really great bass but just not for me.[/b]

[b]You could always buy it back and make us both very happy :rolleyes:[b] :rolleyes:[b][b] :rolleyes:[b][b][b][b] :rolleyes:[b][b][b][b][b][b][b][b] :rolleyes:[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]

[quote name='Shonks' timestamp='1443469904' post='2875069']
hi, what is this exactly? usa? jap? reissue?

have i missed something?
[/quote]

As others have said, these are indeed built in Mexico
But they are made on a separate line to the usual Mex built Fenders
The parts used are better quality, and they are then shipped back to the US for finishing, so I am led to believe

I've played a few Mex built Fenders, and they range from pretty good, to excellent

These Roadworn series are something else though!
I have the more commonly seen Sunburst RW Fender Jazz
and I must say, it's the best bass guitar I've ever played

They look, sound and feel every inch like the real deal - I kid you not
I don't know how they've managed it, but the neck feels so comfortable and well-played
like it really has been used for years & years

If I didn't already have my sunburst one - I'd have this in a shot
In fact, I'm tempted anyway! Lol

I know some people scorn "pre reliced" guitars and basses
but IMHO, there's nothing better to gig with, than something which doesn't matter if it picks up another ding
It's so liberating to gig one of these, rather than your mint condition, shiny new guitar

Bump for a fabulous bass - sorry to almost hijack your thread
but to anyone considering this bass - just buy it now! I can't eulogise about these basses enough
..... and you'll stop me thinking about getting another bass I really don't need ;)

[quote name='Pestie' timestamp='1443868844' post='2878288']
Can't believe there is so little interest in this, it's lovely :gas: :gas: :gas: :gas: :gas: Bump
[/quote]

Me neither! Honestly BC'ers, these are absolutely amazing basses
Wish I could justify having a Fiesta Red RW,as well as my sunburst one

Have a free bump - cos it's such a great bass

I took the Shuker (battered) Precision type as part ex on my Rick El Dorado.
If the Rick had actually sold I would have been looking very strongly at buying this back.

Whilst these things are always opinion, this particular bass is one of the best jazzes I've owned.
There has been a few :blush: :P

Very surprised the two that are up are still here, but, sometimes timing is everything.
This bass will sell.

• 2 weeks later...

Wish I could justify having another Fender RW Jazz
This and my own in sunburst would look lovely together :)
But I really can't own 2 basses which are essentially the same, apart from their colour lol

C'mon BC'ers. These Fender RW Jazzes are the works!
I've owned 2 USA Jazzes, and played a couple of Mex ones too, and my RW knocks spots off them all.
Have a free bump, cos it's a superb bass :)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...