Why become a member? ×

My new Peavey T-40

ben604

I had a job once as a guitarist. The bass player loned me his T60 guitar for that gig and I loved it - he played a T40 bass which was an excellent instrument to play - though at the time was in the 'it's not a Fender so it's crap' school. Thankfully those days are long gone.

Great bass - and yes , I think there's a classic touch to black/black/maple too.

Thanks for the comments guys!

The shipping weight was just under 10kgs so I assume it's about 7-7.5kgs, it's fairly hefty. To be honest, my mate borrowed me his "Mazeti" (what are they? anyone know anything about them?) les paul ish copy for practice the other night and the Peavey isnt as heavy as that was!

It's got a very reasuring feel about it, needs a setup, I like a low action and this is setup quite high at the moment. That can get sorted when I get my La Bella flats on it!

I should get to play it in anger tonight, so I'll let you know how it sounds through my GK 810 and RB2000.

Yeah, I prefer it with the black pickguard, even though I'm now missing a couple of screws... :/

To be honest, I've just read/heard good things about La Bella so as I'm taking the flatwound plunge, I figured I'd try the best. After having a fiddle through my Emu/PC/monitors, I dont know whether it needs flats, it's got a really fat rounded low end anyway...

I'll have to see how the cash situation is after I've had it set up and maybe got a new black pickguard so it's all shiny!

Yours looks mint! This has a few battle scars, I'm tempted to take it into my local luthier and see how much a touch-up would be, I really like things to look shiney and new (sad as that might sound)

Can you T-cut pickguards? That sounds like a cheaper option!

Finn, I'm already part of that forum, that was one of my tenticles stretching out in search of a nice one! Dont suppose you want a lovely black pearl pickguard to go with that lovey bass of yours??!!

[quote name='ben604' post='278156' date='Sep 5 2008, 07:43 PM']Can you T-cut pickguards? That sounds like a cheaper option![/quote]
I'm not sure but it won't do it any harm i wouldn't have thought.

EDIT: asked my dad, he says it works on plastic too, give it a go! (i might have to as well actually :))

Edited by budget bassist