Why become a member? ×

*PLEASE DELETE POST* THANK YOU.
£750

Greg.Bassman

Hi warwickhunt. Forgive my late reply, I've been away.

Not exact, but it's somewhere in the region of 8.5-9.0 lbs; my sources vary from site to site (I do not have the scales to measure it myself so...).

It's definitely no more than a standard fender jazz; even less actually, due to the contoured body and light tuners. My tech has always commented on how light it is compared to some of the jazzes that I've owned before.

[quote name='Greg.Bassman' timestamp='1442085042' post='2864368']
Not exact, but it's somewhere in the region of 8.5-9.0 lbs; my sources vary from site to site...
[/quote]

No worries. Unfortunately the weight of your actual bass (as opposed to manufacturers 'guesstimates') is quite important to me and I've sadly been disappointed in the past by other people's experiences of what constitutes 'light'! B)

Birmingham is a tad far to pop by and try for myself.

GLWTS

ANYBODY who doesn't know female friend/relative who doesn't have luggage scales hasn't lived! :lol:

Female friend/relatives luggage scales > piece of string > bass hung by neck > = bass weight.

Seriously though, so many people ask on so many adverts. Me included.
GLWTS

[quote name='Muppet' timestamp='1442135458' post='2864529']
If it helps at all, mine is 9.2lbs with a J Retro fitted.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, I've owned Laklands in the past and of the 3 JO basses I owned (all Skylines) the weigh varied by 1lb 4oz... and that is the exact same model bass!

No worries warwick. Not saying its a 'light' bass (I'm sure there are lighter out there), just [i]lighter [/i]than fender jazz; a typical jazz is usually a common point of reference for many, hence why I mentioned it. But yes, I agree, I have had one or two similar experiences m'self- looks can be deceiving, the reality is that no two basses are truly same ;)

I use this.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-50kg-10g-Digital-LCD-Electronic-Luggage-Hanging-Weight-Scale-in-UK-/331579345218?hash=item4d33ab4942"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Portable-50kg-10g-Digital-LCD-Electronic-Luggage-Hanging-Weight-Scale-in-UK-/331579345218?hash=item4d33ab4942[/url]

Useless for getting a decent bass sound, great for getting a decent bass weight. Bump for a fantastic bass.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all. Hope you're well.

After our discussion, I was intrigued to know more regarding the weight of Lakland basses (particularly the Darryl Jones 4 model). It would appear that, yes, the weight can often vary greatly from bass to bass.

Anyhow, I have since acquired some scales and weighed mine personally; sitting in at [b]4.3kg[/b] ([b]9.4lbs[/b]), which I understand is the average for these models (some have been known to be much lighter, and some, MUCH HEAVIER).

*Bump* for a beautiful bass :)