Why become a member? ×

SOLD Dingwall ABZ 5 string £1100 SOLD
£1200

tenpins

[color=#5A5A5A][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=4][b]£1100 collect in person.[/b][/size][/font][/color]

[font="Helvetica"]NOW SOLD[/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=4]Life changes mean I need to reduce the gear collection. I'm only playing my 4 strings nowadays so it makes sense for this to go.[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=4]It has everything they're well known for -- a great B string, low weight, possibly the best constructed bass I've owned, certainly the best wooden bass. This one was made around 2010 I think. It has a maple board and the body has an open grain satin finish in black, with what looks like a very subtle burst. Passive controls, "FD-3" pickups. The knobs are volume, pickup selector, tone. It's in very good condition. I can't find any dings. The most obvious sign of wear is that the logos on the pickups are partly rubbed off. In a couple of the photos you might be able to see some finger marks that I didn't notice and wipe off to the left of the bridge -- I thought my hands were clean but no![/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=4]Comes with the original adjustment wrenches and a spare set of La Bella nickel roundwounds.[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=4]Available to try out with nice amplification in London SE4 on weekends and evenings, could also meet somewhere around Hackney Central on weekdays.[/size][/font]

[font=Helvetica][size=4]Price is for collection in person, including a basic gigbag. I'll ship within the UK, in the SKB "Bass Safe" ATA Roto case pictured (I prefer to ship in a hard case and that's what I have right now). I figure that case and a quality insured courier service are worth about £100 together, so that would come to [/size][/font][font=Helvetica]£1200 in total.[/font]

[font=Helvetica]February edit: changed the headline price to the collect-in-person amount, added another option for meeting up.[/font]

[attachment=200179:DSC_0063.jpg][attachment=200180:DSC_0064.jpg][attachment=200181:DSC_0069.jpg][attachment=200183:DSC_0076.jpg][attachment=200184:DSC_0078.jpg][attachment=200185:DSC_0080.jpg][attachment=200186:DSC_0083.jpg][attachment=200187:DSC_0084.jpg][attachment=200188:DSC_0087.jpg][attachment=200189:DSC_0089.jpg][attachment=200182:DSC_0075.jpg][attachment=200190:20150907_115213.jpg]

Edited by tenpins

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Kev: that's what I was wondering! In case anyone is wary of dealing with me for lack of basschat history, I do have a bit of feedback:

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/41094-feedback-for-tenpins/

In addition to those transactions I've bought several other things on this forum, and always had a good experience, so I'd prefer to wait and deal one of you lovely people than go to ebay or wherever.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...