Why become a member? ×

Me'shell Ndegeocello - Jazz Cafe - 23/24 Sept

bassjamm

Me'Shell did a concert for [url="http://www.worldcafelive.com/"]World Cafe Live[/url] back in January, and it's online via NPR in the USA (i.e. legally): [url="http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=17992251"]here[/url]. :)

Edited by bnt

I'd LOVE to see her live, but I can't be arsed driving down the M1 to do it. It seems to me that many artists like this feel that a gig in London is all they have to do for the UK. Marcus Miller is the same. I guess it's down to demand, and the lack of it for a full scale tour of the UK.

[quote name='Rayman' post='278086' date='Sep 5 2008, 06:01 PM']I'd LOVE to see her live, but I can't be arsed driving down the M1 to do it. It seems to me that many artists like this feel that a gig in London is all they have to do for the UK. Marcus Miller is the same. I guess it's down to demand, and the lack of it for a full scale tour of the UK.[/quote]
She did play the Boardwalk in Manchester a few years back, it's economically driven and tour organisers are the ones who know what money they can expect, where.

EDIT:
just been to the Jazz Cafe website where it says the show is cancelled.
sh*t DAMN f***

Edited by jakesbass

• 4 months later...

bugger, I'm too far out of town to make it. She didn't come on until 10:45pm at the last gig I went to and she got visibly narked about the fact that half the audience left around midnight. I don't think anyone had told her about the underground.