Why become a member? ×

Extension cab for Ashdown Electric Blue 180W - 1x15.. ???

bayles

Can anyone recommend an ashdown extension cab for one of these amps . I just bought this cab for small pub gigs , im picking it up on Thursday and if its any use then i might buy an extra cab to add on to it . Im a GK user all my life and never had Ashdown before so wouldn't be too up on there stuff .

I had one of those for a long time and frankly they're pretty loud. They can compete with a loud drummer at a pub gig. I doubt you'll need an extension.

I really liked mine but I left it in a leaky boot and the electrics got frazzled.

If it sounds good..............

Mine is a 12 with a 15. Does that sound any different to 2 15's?............no idea!

The other obvious option is a 210 to go with the 15.

I am just about to pick up a 210 as well as I have gone down the route of separates with a MAG 300 EVOii head

I have a 180w Electric Blue 1x12 combo and a MAG 115 deep extension cab. I've never gigged with this rig but have used if for a few rehearsals with loud drummers, 4x12 equipped guitards and so on. I found the 12' combo got a bit lost by itself but when you add an extension and so lower the impedance the amp is seeing you find a lot more depth and body to the sound and there should be plenty of volume for pub gigs.

[quote name='bayles' timestamp='1439319193' post='2841908']
Thanks lads ... 2x15 speakers !!!! Ooooooh , Id be entering into the unknown there , what ya think.
[/quote]
On the contrary, you'd have a better chance of getting more of the same as the 1 15". :)
Adding a 2x10 or something else that doesn't match, would take you into the unknown (literally).

Thanks lads , I picked this cab up on Thursday and in a word "WOW" ... I don't know how old it is , the guy who sold it to me got it new and cant remember but i know its the earliest and first version of the cab , UK made and NEVER used .. i had to take the front grill off and hoover out cob webs and dust from the driver , its like new .. never gigged and only used for light practice then put into storage for years ..... and all for €170 !!!! a real "barn find" .. I'm thinking another 1x15 would do this thing huge justice

Edited by bayles