Why become a member? ×

UPDATED: SE Bass Bash 27th Sept - RIGS

Merton

We've changed our plan - every rig is welcome, see Nik's post on page 3!

Original post:
[size=1]Hi all,

We organisers of the SE Bass Bash are thinking that with at least 30 people signed up for the ride and almost as many bass rigs, we're in for a meltdown in noise and room space.

Therefore, without being a**holes and saying "you can't bring that", we need to find a way of slimming the rigs down to some interesting ones plus a few standards.

So, without being rude, we don't want 5 Hartke rigs, 3 Trace rigs and 4 Markbass rigs. We DO tho, want maybe one of each, especially Alex's barefacedBass cabs, a Shuttle 6.0, some BFM cabs (maybe one Omni 10, one 10.5, one 15?) etc etc. You get the idea.

First off, I won't bring my V-Type rig [color="#C0C0C0"][size=1](unless someone wants to buy it, more of which in the relevant forum later)[/size][/color]. But after that, we need to decide. So the poll is above, please choose three rigs and three only I'm afraid, what are the most interesting things you want to see?

The top 10 or so will then be the ones we see at the Bash.

Sorry again to be harsh about it but it's the best way we felt of not having more rigs than people, running out of floor space and losing our hearing!

Mert

[color="#0000FF"]EDITOR'S NOTE: apologies to anyone I've missed, I think I've got them all there. Apologies again if anyone feels offended or upset but this is in the interests of everyone having a good day without going mad/deaf etc. I have picked out the three "self-build" rigs as being musts as they have all aroused a lot of interest. We will ahve to look at exactly what BFM cabs are available between Hamster, Clauster and peted so we get a good mix :)[/color][/size]

Edited by Merton

good idea, 30x couplahundred watt rigs all rumbling away will probably break the building!

*edit*

thinking about it, the rarer rigs mebby, possibly might just be given a Get-Into-Bassbash Free card...? vote for the more standard stuff?

feel free to flame away if you disagree!

Edited by phil_the_bassist

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='274571' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:45 PM']*edit*

thinking about it, the rarer rigs mebby, possibly might just be given a Get-Into-Bassbash Free card...? vote for the more standard stuff?

feel free to flame away if you disagree![/quote]
I think what you're getting at is what I thought after posting, i.e. people with a "one-off" rig can bring it (e.g. Alien's power amp, barefaceBass stuff, the Epifani rig etc) but having 3 Trace rigs and 3 hartke rigs of almost identical nature is a bit, well, dumb and therefore it's those which should be voted "in or "out" in a terrible parody of Big Brother.

[quote name='Merton' post='274579' date='Sep 1 2008, 02:55 PM']I think what you're getting at is what I thought after posting, i.e. people with a "one-off" rig can bring it (e.g. Alien's power amp, barefaceBass stuff, the Epifani rig etc) but having 3 Trace rigs and 3 hartke rigs of almost identical nature is a bit, well, dumb and therefore it's those which should be voted "in or "out" in a terrible parody of Big Brother.[/quote]

yeah, I for one thing the BFM cabs (due to EVERYONE being curious!) should be in, and as you said, the one-offs are show-pieces.

I personally don't mind swapping 100+kg of rig for a coupla BCers who are on my route to the 'Bash

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='274597' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:07 PM']Can I still bring a trestle table and my car boot sale stuff from the garage? :huh:[/quote]
:huh:

If I had a fourth vote (short sighted really, I made the poll rules!!) I would've voted your Trace combo joint 4th with Kiwi's V8 :)

[quote name='coasterbass' post='274648' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:41 PM']Doh! - you missed me gear off the options list :)

Oh well. I won't do anything silly. Not just yet anyway. :huh:

I'd be interested in the idea of having some 'industry standards' there, just so that the tone of a particular cab can be isolated.[/quote]
D'oh, sorry! I went from the list of attendees and their gear, yours wasn't there?? I'll try to add it...

EDIT - cock it, I can't. Erm. B*gger. <thinks>

Edited by Merton

[quote name='coasterbass' post='274648' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:41 PM']I'd be interested in the idea of having some 'industry standards' there, just so that the tone of a particular cab can be isolated.[/quote]
Me ABM combo might be in a sleeve by then, if so, I'll bring it along, but I'll leave the combo at home unless anyone has a burning desire to hear it.

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='275394' date='Sep 2 2008, 01:26 PM']+1. Quirky stuff nice and all but it would be good to have some more bread and butter stuff.[/quote]
Do you mean it in the sense that we can contrast & compare standard gear with more 'boutique' stuff? If so, I think that would be useful...

[quote name='phil_the_bassist' post='274620' date='Sep 1 2008, 03:21 PM'][size=1]
just noticed my stacks got a vote (and no, I didn't vote for myself! :))

Someone wants to see my toys! :huh: *does a jig*[/size][/quote]

Which is yours, Phil?

ped

[quote name='ped' post='275425' date='Sep 2 2008, 02:02 PM']Which is yours, Phil?

ped[/quote]

It's the Hartke stack (with the 4x10getting a replacement cone just in time to be shlepped to BBash if required!) :huh: I hope with you omnipotent powers of being Moderator Supreme you're not gonna do something mean with this info...like take away my vote :)

[quote name='silverfoxnik' post='275423' date='Sep 2 2008, 01:57 PM']Do you mean it in the sense that we can contrast & compare standard gear with more 'boutique' stuff? If so, I think that would be useful...[/quote]
No, just cheaper ones so that can I stand my beer on them. :)

I'm offering to bring this beauty along as a cupholder:

Edited by stingrayfan

[quote name='stingrayfan' post='275909' date='Sep 2 2008, 11:18 PM']No, just cheaper ones so that can I stand my beer on them. :)

I'm offering to bring this beauty along as a cupholder:

[/quote]
:huh:

Mmm; looks good that Trace! I had one very similar in the late 80's.. How old is your?