Why become a member? ×

SOLD Crest CA9 power amp 8/4/2 Ohm
£350

Kevsy71

[b]For sale[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Crest CA9 power amp.[/font][/color]

[b]Price, payment and postage[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: [/font][/color][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]£350 including UK courier, discount for collection from Tonbridge, Kent. Payment by bank transfer or cash.[/font][/color]

[b]Crest CA9 Details[/b][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]: Heavy and mighty 2u power amp, I was running it happily at 900W into 4 Ohms, but many configurations are available including 2 Ohms and bridged mono. Built very solidly with a terrific transformer, and of course suitable for PA applications. Manual here: [url="http://www.peaveycommercialaudio.com/media/pdf/ca9_11-25-97.pdf"]http://www.peaveycom...a9_11-25-97.pdf[/url][/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]Working condition[/b]: full working condition, one of the fan foam filters is missing from the back but the fans themselves work fine. Amazing volume, clarity and attack on low notes![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]Cosmetic condition[/b]: Excellent, some minor rack rash[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]History[/b]: bought off eBay a few months ago, from a recording studio.[/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][b]Comes with[/b]: printed-off manual, power cord. You are also welcome to the 3u Spider rack bag, which I 'customised' by removing the back pouch wooden board to allow the Crest to be carried with the leads to the preamp already connected. I will include the wooden board so you can decide![/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]If the photos does not show in your browser, [/font][/color][url="https://www.flickr.com/photos/133089969@N07/sets/72157655309988845"]here is the Flickr album link[/url]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Any questions please ask, my feedback link in my sig. Cheers! Kevin [/font][/color]

[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Finally the manufacturer specs:[/font][/color]

CA9 Features
• Crest’s legendary “overbuilt” power supply
• Toroidal power transformer
• Latest generation of high-speed, wide-bandwidth output devices
• Twin tunnel cooling with back-to-front air flow
• Dual, variable speed DC fans
• Massive, extruded aluminum heat sinks
• Balanced XLR and 1/4-inch (TRS) inputs
• Speakon™ connectors
• Stereo/parallel/bridged mono mode selector switch
• Ground lift switch
• TourClass® protection circuits:
- ACL (Active Clip Limiting) prevents speaker damage with gentle gain reduction at clip threshold.
- IGM (Instantaneous Gain Modulation) monitors speaker loads to detect conditions that may overstress output devices, allowing safe operation into nominal 2Ω impedances.
- AutoRamp gradually increases gain to attenuator setting level when amplifier is turned on.
- TourClass also includes comprehensive thermal management, and short circuit, DC voltage, turn-on/off transient, current inrush and sub/ultrasonic input protection.
• Input sensitivity selection
• Recessed, stepped attenuators
• Front panel circuit breaker switch
• Modular construction

Edited by Kevsy71