Why become a member? ×

Lucky Escape

yorks5stringer

I was rehearsing with a Soul Band last night at The Retreat, Ashcott near Bridgewater in their skittle alley. Those who attended the last Somerset MIni Bass Bash will know the venue.

The Sax Player had brought along a Boss VE 200 Vocal Enhancer for the Singer to try as her Bose system does not have any Reverb. She tried it but then decided not to use it and put it down on the Bar of the Skittle Alley which was unstaffed and a few metres from where we were playing..

During the evening a few locals came into the skittle alley to listen and it was not till the end of the evening we realised the Boss Pedal had gone!

One of our female vocalists who was new to me went into the main pub and said all the guys who had come into to listen were still there. She mentioned a pedal had gone missing and they said they knew nothing about it initially. Later when she spoke to one of them on his own in the Smokers Den, he said the others had it and they had shown it to him. Turns out he was a drummer.

Anyway we spoke to the Landlord who was most embarrassed and knew the suspects but they did not have the pedal on them.
The female vocalist went back to these guys and told them it was not worth them keeping it as they would get loads of hassle from the Bill about it and they did not have the psu anyway.

She said we could not search these guys as despite the scenario we could not prove it was them.

After a quick look around the room and pub I went home. The sax player then went and spoke to the guys who said it would probably turn up in the room anyway...

Turns out the female vox was on off duty PC so she called the theft in and apparently the suspects got a midnight knock on the door.

The pub rang up this morning to say it had been found in the Skittle Alley! (we had thoroughly searched it before we left).

Spookily this new female vocalist spoke to me before we started playing and asked if she knew me as I looked familiar. I joked about being on wanted posters. If a Copper asks you if they know you and you look familiar it usually means one thing!

[quote name='tonyquipment' timestamp='1438002512' post='2830695']
Glad to hear the gear was recovered

Although quite annoying had it been nicked

f@£@" pikey drummers eh?
[/quote]

Apparently it was the drummer who nicked it and he has done 2 gigs with our Sax Player. What a bastard. The FX was left outside the pub around 10.00am in the rain but it appears to work OK.

Edited by yorks5stringer