Why become a member? ×

Hayman Chancer

I was watching a Hayman project last few days. Just body and neck " I've no other parts for this bass " says the seller.

Auction just ended and guess what ? the seller suddenly has the pickups listed :o Still saying " I've no other parts "

Chances are pots and wiring loom next week.

No offence taken of course but I'm the 'chancer' 😂 there really are no more parts for that bass, the pickup assembly is NOS and since I got a lot of interest in the body and neck I thought I may as well list it. I've been regularly asked for Hayman perspex pickup covers & Shergold parts each time I've listed one of their basses hence me putting it in the description to dissuade lots of requests for obscure bits and bobs. Perhaps I should've listed it as being 'found in an uncle's loft'! 😉

Learn something everyday,for some daft reason I never considered anyone on here as the seller.

It's the staggering of the listings that struck me.Take the Shergold neck and body the other week,they finished about 3 days apart
if you won the 1st it's neigh on certain you gotta keep bidding on the 2nd.

Course you expect and should get the best price for the parts,hindsight here at 0230 tells me if you won the 1st it's probably only you bidding on the 2nd.
Still there's something about the timing and wording just don't sit right with me,might be a quirk of my nature.

Anyway you'll have no problem selling the pickups,somebody just bought a neck and body they'll fit perfect in.

I was watching this as well but did think it odd that you didn't offer it all together as you had bought it, which of course is your prerogative, but certainly put me off bidding.

[url="http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hayman-40-40-bass-guitar-Project-/161726008652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a79f0d4c"]http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Hayman-40-40-bass-guitar-Project-/161726008652?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item25a79f0d4c[/url]

Well I bought the project for the bridge alone which was needed for my own project - the rest I intended to sell on. There wasn't a grand plan in this but a quick turnover to get my money back and making a few quid to pay off eBay fees is always a bonus. I don't see the issue here.

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1437067848' post='2823360']
Well I bought the project for the bridge alone which was needed for my own project - the rest I intended to sell on. There wasn't a grand plan in this but a quick turnover to get my money back and making a few quid to pay off eBay fees is always a bonus. I don't see the issue here.
[/quote]Sounds fair to me :)

[quote name='ash' timestamp='1437067848' post='2823360']
[/quote]

Fair enough, I just felt it was a shame that something as rare as this gets split up, and I know the pickups weren't the original but you've amde it a lot harder for the next person to put it all back together. Guess I should stop caring so much :unsure: