Why become a member? ×

The Doors - The End. Anyone play it live?

Truckstop

As above, anyone play it live?

Interested as to how well it gets recieved because I can see people getting bored with it after the first 4 or 5 minutes.

Reason for asking is that we blasted it at rehearsal the other day for shits and giggles and we thought it sounded pretty good but unsure whether to risk it at the local Frog and Twat.

I'm in the 'lets play it anyway' camp!

Would take some balls to do it live, not least because it's so long and easy to mess one of the bits up if you're playing it exactly like the record.
I would be more than happy to see a local band even attempt it, as it makes a change from the usual REM and kings of leon stuff, so I reckon go for it! If the audience seems to lose interest, then perhaps try an abridged version the next time.

Depends, perhaps, on the 'strength' of the front man. One needs charisma for this type of number; similarly with some Genesis stuff where Mr. Gabriel held the audience. I wouldn't attempt to do exactly as the original, either, as a large part is in the quality of the improvisation and 'rapport' between the musicians. More concert material than pub gig, but eminently 'do-able', if one has the 'balls'.