Why become a member? ×

Opinions on my band

Wolverinebass

Your bass sounds great, but there are some moments where the timing seems to go a bit wonky. It might be because the bass and drums are both doing fast fills simultaneously, and in that situation they need to be perfectly synchronised or you end up with a sound like a rhythm section falling down a lift shaft. Not that your song sounds like a rhythm section falling down a lift shaft, but it's leaning in that direction.

I like the overall style though. As the man said, it's got a lot of The Who about it.

S.P.

I'd certainly agree with that. There is a reasonable amount of "slop" from myself and I'd be the first to admit that timing isn't my main strong point and it never has been. I would say that the biggest mistake we made on this as well as the other couple of songs we did was that we didn't record to a click so there's a reasonable amount of push and pull. I'm not entirely sure if this takes away from the song to the extent that it's the rythym section falling down the lift shaft or not, but I can certainly appreciate that it's not too far away from said territory. On the other hand, it was recorded live with no overdubs or cut/paste fixing of anything whatsoever.

I suppose hindsight is 20-20 vision here, but in truth the timing deficiencies are the guitarist and drummers as well as my own. Whether or not we've got away with it or not remains to be seen. Not to excuse my own shortcomings on this of course, but it's certainly the more precision aspects ot timing that I've always felt have let down my game so to speak. One to work on methinks.

Thats a great song you guys have got up on your My Space page! Very The Who like others have mentioned but not too like The Who as you still manage to maintain your own identity. Overall a fantastic band IMHO.

And as for the bass playing? I thought it was excellent playing with a brilliant tone. I thoroughly enjoyed it! :)