Why become a member? ×

Anyone have news of Martin Harrison, luthier, Lincolnshire..?

Dad3353

Good afternoon, all...

I've a chum in the States who has had a guitar made by Martin in the past. He asked him to make a bass, but has since lost contact with him. Apparently he (Martin...) suffered a motorbike mishap, and is since untraceable. Does anyone have any way of contacting Martin..? My buddy was in the UK recently, and tried to look him up, to no avail. There's no major squabble, just wanting to re-establish contact to see how things are.
Thanks in advance for any information on the subject (PM is fine, too...), which I'll pass on to my Yankee friend; meanwhile...
Have a nice day
Douglas

[quote name='Chrismanbass' timestamp='1434419485' post='2799404']
where abouts in lincolnshire? i have a few contacts in the south lincolnshire music scene who might be able to shed some light on it

i'll have an ask about

chris
[/quote]

Brant Broughton, I think, operating as Hania Guitars; this was the web site in 2011...

...which is no longer active. He has a very fine reputation in the making of, and repairing, acoustic and electric guitars and basses. Someone must know what has happened..? Thanks for any leads on this mystery, Chris.

I searched on Martin Harrison from Brant Broughton in the BT phonebook. There was only one M Harrison found, but s/he lives in 'Grantham'. Looking on google maps, it's close enough to commute, so it could be worth phoning this M Harrison to see if they are the same person.

http://www.thephonebook.bt.com/publisha.content/en/search/residential/search.publisha?Surname=harrison&Location=brant+broughton&Initial=&Street=

Otherwise, Brant Broughton is such a small place, it might be worth a go phoning up Simmonds Music, a local music shop, to see if they know of Martin Harrison.

http://www.yell.com/s/musical+instrument+and+sheet+music+shops-brant+broughton.html

Good stuff, AT, I'll be passing it on to my US buddy; he'll be taking it up. The music shop is definitely a good lead; they'll certainly know of such an illustrious neighbour. Keep 'em coming, folks...

Edited by Dad3353

• 4 months later...
  • 2 years later...
  • 2 years later...

Hello,

I know this is a older post but I'm hoping by chance that someone can help,

I've searched the internet and tried various searches for Martin Harrison but can't seem to find anything,

Can anyone help? I know Julia mentioned that he is her dad.

I have one  of his Custom basses and just wanted to have a chat with him about it. I hope he is well and his family. If anyone has any info on him I'd be very greatful thankyou.

Kind regards.