Why become a member? ×

Should I be annoyed or amused?

[quote name='ahpook' timestamp='1433499152' post='2791528']
What he's valued it at and what he'll get are two different things, but in the end he might just get someone to pay that much.

Should you be annoyed ? If you really want to be...but I'd take the chuckle option.
[/quote]
This

[quote name='4-string-thing' timestamp='1433498506' post='2791507']
A couple of weeks ago, I traded my cheap Chinese double bass for a Fender Modern Player Jazz via one of the bass player groups on Facebook. No problem, both were valued around £300-£350, met up and swapped instruments both seemed happy. Now I see my bass is being traded again but he's valued it at £850! I don't even think they were that much new!

Should I be annoyed that even if he gets £500 for it, [color=#0000ff][b]he's made a healthy profit from my bass[/b][/color], or should I just chuckle and think "good on him"?

Generally when I see adverts on Basschat where people buy stuff then realise it's not for them, they usually just try to get their money back when they sell it on and I would see this as polite, but a £500 profit?
[/quote]

I see how it may sting a little, but... it's NOT YOUR BASS.
You agreed to a deal, so presumably you were happy with it. So what it the next owner manages to make a profit?
Sorry if it sounds a bit harsh :)

Edited by mcnach

As has been said previously, once you've completed your own deal, then whatever happens afterwards is out of your control.

I've sold basses here where the new owner put them up for sale shortly afterwards for more than I sold them for. You think, "ooh, maybe I could have got more on my original deal"? However, that's the way things go.