Why become a member? ×

Show us your Vigiers!

lukeward2004

[quote name='ped' post='301606' date='Oct 7 2008, 06:50 PM']Hi Mick,

I am sure it is the other way round - the 1983 wooden neck (called the 'S.T.M neck) with a metal laminate was a precursor to the graphite models that began to be offered around '84 along with a slightly more streamlined profile (narrower horns) in '86. The series 3 was the introduction of the 10/90 in about 1989 where the 5 string was the first bass to have the system, and series 2 full graphite was still an option... I will get confirmation either way on this soon!

Cheers
ped[/quote]
I could be wrong then Ped dunno...
Mines number 028 so its a very early one!

It is indeed!! I am not sure how the serial #s went so the early number does not mean it is series 1 - the first 5 string 10/90 basses for example had low serial #s. I will try and track down some details!! Get some pics of your bass up on here, it is fantastic!

Cheers
ped

By the by, but on a Vigeir note, I had to align the knobs on my bass, because im anal like that, so just for info the knobs are not pull off/ push fit but have a cap that has to be removed with a very thin blade which reveals a nut underneath in the body of the knob.
Cheers
Dave

Cheers David! I don't have those knobs on either of mine but I think the series III had them.

Just to say I have confirmed the series/neck conundrum - it is as I said but the STM neck began in fact in 1980.

Cheers
ped