Why become a member? ×

SOLD ROSCOE LG Custom 5 String w/ Buckeye Burl, Wenge, Aguilar
£1940

Kev

Roscoe LG 5 String Bass - built in 2011. Purchased on here very recently: [url="http://basschat.co.uk/topic/260969-on-hold-roscoe-lg-3005-custom/page__p__2759992__hl__roscoe%20lg__fromsearch__1#entry2759992."]http://basschat.co.u...1#entry2759992.[/url] I'm searching for the right 5 string bass and, although this is an absolute joy to play, tonally I am somewhere else at the moment. So, it pains me to offer this back up for sale. I am prone to changing my mind and will continue fiddling with my setup to see if the bass will work for me after all!

Stunning high spec instrument and a fantastic player. Would be around £3300 new with all the extras. Has been set up by me with D'Addario Nickel 40-100 strings with a low action. Super lightweight at a shade over 8lb. Bass is in mint condition. Please note this is a full blown custom model and not one of the cheaper standard series basses.

Interested in sale or trade for similar high end 5 string basses. Price includes shipping (by courier or by meet up), extra for EU. Happy to offer cash either way in a trade, but a sale is priority.

Specifications:

Roscoe LG 3005 Custom
Buckeye Burl Top (£350 - £500 Option)
Swamp Ash Body
Natural Finish
Birdseye Maple Fretboard (£55 Option)
Bartolini PU's
Aguilar OBP-3 (£60 Option)
Maple - Wenge - Maple Neck (£?? Option) (Cannot find this in the pricelist, but it is an uncharge from standard purpleheart)
Roscoe Hardcase (£140 Option)
Weight - 8lb 2oz

The photos do not do this bass justice, at all, but should give you an idea of how stunning the woods are.
[color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][/font][/color]

Edited by Kev

[quote name='Dazed' timestamp='1432508658' post='2782240']
Where have you been hiding this beauty ?
Look at it !! Cor!
[/quote]

Haha :) it is a beauty, I really like the swamp ash grain on this bass too, and I usually can't stand the stuff!

Thanks all for the positive comments :)

[quote name='No lust in Jazz' timestamp='1432633643' post='2783335']
If its just a tonal issue, have you considered changing out the Bartolini's? GLWTS
[/quote]

I have thought about this, but having owned the bass such a short amount of time, I feel modifying it now would not be the right thing to do. I do think the Bart pickups are a big part of the Roscoe tone so would not wish to change this, it just isn't quite right for me at the moment. I am more partial to Warwick and Wal tone and this bass is quite different from both, so it needs an owner who will love it as it is :)

[quote name='Kev' timestamp='1432641343' post='2783444']
Thanks all for the positive comments :)

I have thought about this, but having owned the bass such a short amount of time, I feel modifying it now would not be the right thing to do. I do think the Bart pickups are a big part of the Roscoe tone so would not wish to change this, it just isn't quite right for me at the moment. I am more partial to Warwick and Wal tone and this bass is quite different from both, so it needs an owner who will love it as it is :)
[/quote]
[quote name='hiram.k.hackenbacker' timestamp='1432641518' post='2783446']
Yes, for such a high end bass that would effect the resale for Roscoe lovers.
I'm sure someone else will find love for this stunner.
I would have it myself Kev, but my bass buying pot is looking a little lean at the moment.
[/quote]

Fair points gents - I have the six string version of this Bass with Aguilar DCBs fitted in the factory and it is a beast, whereas the Bart's in my SKB (nice as they are Bart fans) are being replaced

<edit> hiram.k.hackenbacker are you Scott Thunes?

Edited by No lust in Jazz