Why become a member? ×

Spector Euro 5 [SOLD]
£800

r16ktx

I bought this bass about 6 months ago on BassChat to try and have never taken it out of the house.

It sounds great and is set up with a really low action, but I
have come to terms with the fact 5 string basses are not for me.

Someone commented on the previous sale thread "This one is a pre-EURO
model, full maple wings instead of the alder/walnut/maple they using
in the last 10 or so years."

"Since 1993 we have been producing world class basses at our Czech Republic factory.
The EuroLX basses use the same USA maple neck-thru neck blank, truss rod, graphite rods,
& EMG pickups as its USA counterpart so the heart of the bass is Spector USA.

EuroLX exclusive features include body wings made of USA figured maple over European alder
with a slice of walnut between (less weight than solid maple wings)"
From; [url="http://spectorbass.com/euro5lxtrade.html"]http://spectorbass.c...ro5lxtrade.html[/url]

[attachment=192738:1.jpg][attachment=192739:2.jpg][attachment=192740:3.jpg][attachment=192741:4.jpg][attachment=192742:5.jpg][attachment=192743:6.jpg][attachment=192744:7.jpg]

Edited by r16ktx

Wow, what a stunning bass! At this price, I can't imagine it will stick around long. As you mention the NS4CR's have the solid maple wings and are apparently more true to the U.S. Spector sound, but have never had the change to compare myself. GLWTS

Still got your old one Frank :)

Took it on tour last year and it sounded fantastic in the big concert halls, these are seriously good basses that seem to command very little money compared to the new price/quality of instrument. You really will not get a bass as good as this for £800!!

Have a bump :)

Edited by lee650