Why become a member? ×

BFM Omni 10 with 2 x Deltalite II and 4 x piezos

jamesf

Hi, it's taking a lot of effort to bring myself to sell this, but I just don't need all that power! This is a BFM Omni 10, loaded with 2 x Eminence Deltalite II 2510 drivers, and a 4 x piezo array. It weighs 21kg, is 500 watts @ 4 Ohms, is solid construction, carpet covered, and in perfect condition, having only moved from workshop to bedroom and back a few times. The connection is by Neutrik locking jack, and the internal wiring is van damme cable, and there's acoustic foam lining the back. I can change the connector to a Neutrik Speakon connector if you prefer, as I've just got some spares in the post.

It sounds simply wonderful, it's loud and versatile, and the mid/high clarity is nothing short of stunning. The frequency response is very flat, and therefore the cab is very controllable. I also built two of the half-sized omni 10.5 cabs, one of which I am keeping for the forseeable future as it's also stunning. I'm not gigging at the moment, and this cab has been sat looking pretty for months now, and it really should go to someone who'll gig it. It's phenomenally loud, has great projection, and sound superb with my Phil Jones amplification, and also with Markbass - it's perfectly paired to an LMII (everything from subtle woody jazz to all-out tappy tappy zingy slap action is available)- 450 watts at 4 Ohms IIRC, and as already mentioned only weighs 21kg so it's a very light, all in one gigging machine. I don't want to get rid of it because it is stunning, but I need the space and could do with the cash also. If you're not too far from Blackpool I'll deliver it personally so you can have a play and check that you're happy. Alternatively, PM me if you're local and want to come and have a bash at it, you're more than welcome to try before you buy!

Any questions about the cab, PM me, I know every square inch of it! In the 'group photo', it's the big cab at the bottom of the 1000 watt monster stack!

NOW £350 POSTED IN MAINLAND UK

I've been using this cab at home with my recently acquired Markbass LMII and it's a great combination - but to be honest I'm more than happy using just the half-sized cab and LMII - I really don't need the extra 250 watts at the moment! I've been testing it with music playing from my mackie onyx interface into the line input of the markbass, and the clarity across the spectrum is stunning. I'd have no hesitation in using this as a PA speaker as well as as a bass cab.

J

NOW TRADED FOR A LOVELY SIX-STRING, THANKS FOR THE INTEREST EVERYONE!!

Edited by jamesf

• 1 month later...

BUMP!! For escalation to full-blown sale, and a pricedrop from the original £400, to now £375 posted in mainland UK. I'm open to offers as I need to make some room in my house, and I need some funds to continue my own researcj into acoustic and speaker design. I've just built a transmission line 1x10 cab, and paired with my other BFM, they're pretty darned loud. With the 'big cab' being advertised, it's just plain ridiculous so something's got to go. 500 watts, 4 Ohms, 21KG, and it looks stunning. Go on, you know you want to.

NOW REDUCED!!

any questions, post 'em in the thread or PM me, or both, and I'll try and get back to you as soon as I can. If you're local, come round and have a bash.

Edited by jamesf

[quote name='d-basser' post='307742' date='Oct 16 2008, 11:22 AM']are the piezos switchable or adjustable, I am not a fan of very toppy stuff so curious[/quote]

IMHO (I have 2x 10.5 with 2 piezos in each) the piezos add clarity rather than too much top. The cabs are very deep without being boomy - someone should buy these

[quote name='steve' post='307758' date='Oct 16 2008, 11:46 AM']IMHO (I have 2x 10.5 with 2 piezos in each) the piezos add clarity rather than too much top. The cabs are very deep without being boomy - someone should buy these[/quote]

Thanks Steve, that about explains it! When I originally built it, I didn't put piezos in and it sounded a bit lifeless, but after I retrofitted them it's like a completely different cab. I didn't put an attenuator on the tweeters because in all honesty I wouldn't ever want to switch them off - the cab is very controllable and the high end reacts very favourably to EQ without going all harsh and nasty, but as Steve said, they don't really add top end like most cabs do, just a little extra sparkle that makes all the difference.

J

Edited by jamesf

[quote name='d-basser' post='312562' date='Oct 22 2008, 10:13 PM']how is the low end on this btw, That is my one swithering point, I play 5 and 6 string and dont have my own car so this and a sub wouldnt be an option.[/quote]
I'd like to know as well. The Omni 10.5 I tried at the SE Bassbash struggled with a low B string. It handled the mids and highs quite nicely though.

Hi everybody,

firstly, I don't own a five string so I don't know - ste_m3 should be able to give an indication of how these handle the low B however - I played his Bacchus through one of the 10.5s and it sounded great to me, and this cab goes a little lower. If only I still had my SPL meter, I could do you a frequency response chart! If you live anywhere near Lancaster or Blackpool, you're welcome to come and have a play any time. The Omni 10 does go lower than the 10.5, at least mine does - the theoretical lowest frequency from this design is 40Hz, but the rolloff below resonance is quite shallow due to the forgiving nature of the design and the willingness of the Deltalite II driver to alterations of res. freq. - again, without test equipment I can't say for sure. I sounds wonderful for 4-string, that's what I can say for sure!

Secondly, I stated in the OP (or at least meant to!), it doesn't have any handles as I sold the handles with the little cab, and so they never made it onto this cab. The couple of times this has left my house, it's been on a trolley so I haven't needed the handles personally. If it makes the difference between a sale and not, I'll order some steel flipdowns or straps and fit them over the bracing for you whilst the cheque clears.

Any more questions, feel free to ask.

Edited by jamesf

Where about in Blackpool are you located.. Just curious? I may be interested in having a bash, I'l have to see if I go for the combo I'm currently looking at (very likely). Im based in Carleton if you know where that is? People seem to recognize it for the pub that my house is behind, the Castle Gardens? :huh: Might get in touch, it looks a cracking cab!
Cheers,
Matt :)

Edited by overwater#1

[quote name='overwater#1' post='312862' date='Oct 23 2008, 11:50 AM']Where about in Blackpool are you located.. Just curious? I may be interested in having a bash, I'l have to see if I go for the combo I'm currently looking at (very likely). Im based in Carleton if you know where that is? People seem to recognize it for the pub that my house is behind, the Castle Gardens? :huh: Might get in touch, it looks a cracking cab!
Cheers,
Matt :)[/quote]

Hi Matt,

I actually live in Lytham; come and have a bash any time you like, it's a great cab and I'm sure you wouldn't be disappointed.

James.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...