Why become a member? ×

Ooh matron...

niceguyhomer

for me: the body - I guess because its the most visually dominant element. Its gotta have sensual curves. Spectors, Smiths, Shukers, Tobiases, some Warwicks, Jaydees some Carl Thompsons, Laklands and even Ibanez SDGR basses all look instantly like they'd be comfortable to put on.

Bodies and head stocks do it for me, especially Warwick head stocks, they just look....right ^_^ . Also the body has got be contoured and have character, not a lifeless slab, which unfortunatley Stringrays and Sterlings are exactly that to me.

Stingray 5s have some nice bevelled edges! :) A lot of these older slabby body shapes were developed within the manufacturing limitations at the time. It takes some 3D scanning and a 3D CNC carving machine to whack out the curvy Warwick/Spector body shapes cost effectively.

I love lamp.

Edited by Stinkywhizzleteats

..black leather elbow length gloves with matching boots...er, umm, ahhh. Sorry! Wrong forum!

Has to be a sharply angular body, headless, with a graphite neck, or of course, a 4001-esque wooden body with the slimmest, sleekest most beautiful woven carbon fibre thru-neck with a big V on the headstock!

Edited by doctor_of_the_bass

[quote name='brummie' post='268687' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:09 AM']I quite like being wrapper in sellotape and have jelly babies thrown at me.

Ooops, sorry, wrong website.[/quote]

I take it you are into hip-hop then, being a `wrapper'!

Sorry! Talking of rapping etc - around about 1983, I remember playing rugby (rugger as it was called back then!) at King's School in Ely! We got there, played the game against the Kings lads, stuffed them 99-0 and then, went back to their refectory for an after match meal. Afterwards, some of their lads were intrigued by some of our lads `body-hopping' as they called it (popping!). They then came at us with a load of cutlery and we got the blame for the ensuing melee!

[quote name='doctor_of_the_bass' post='268690' date='Aug 24 2008, 01:18 AM']I take it you are into hip-hop then, being a `wrapper'!

Sorry! Talking of rapping etc - around about 1983, I remember playing rugby (rugger as it was called back then!) at King's School in Ely! We got there, played the game against the Kings lads, stuffed them 99-0 and then, went back to their refectory for an after match meal. Afterwards, some of their lads were intrigued by some of our lads `body-hopping' as they called it (popping!). They then came at us with a load of cutlery and we got the blame for the ensuing melee![/quote]

Yeah, cutlery could do it instead of jelly babies I suppose but wouldn't give the same sensation.

Sorry, sorry, I've got 2 forum's open at the same time, what I meant was I like is I like a nice guitar strap (so long as I'm naked from the waist down and covered in vaseline.
Oh god I'm no good at switching between websites quickly- sorry!.

Thomastik whips
I mean flatwound whips - Oh f*cK it. I give up