Why become a member? ×

1x12 cabs, wich one of these would you choose?

lagartortazo

Hello, my first post here, thank you for letting me join this great community.

I'm buying soon a 112 cabinet, I will use it with a 250w @ 8ohm little head I have, most of the times on little gigs at pubs, but I need to be sure that I will have enough volume and deep tones, also very important, it has to be something small and easy to transport.

My budget is around 350€, don't want to buy a second hand thing nor saving more money for Markbass, Aguilar... or similar, and I have no possibility of triying it before ordering.

So these are the choices I'm considering:

*Fender rumble 112 v3: always liked fender sound, they look nice, and I know the new combos have nice reviews, but I haven't heard so much about using the cabs alone, they seem to be used more as a combo extension, am I right?

*EBS classic line 112: the price has gone up lately, but, I think I could buy it for the old price in one shop. Good opinions also, but 94db in the specs are stopping me at the moment.

*Eden EX112: good price and small size, but no idea about the sound and the volume, maybe I'm wrong, but it looks a bit "cheap"

*Warwick WCA 112 lightweight: 300w, 97db (not bad!) but a bit bigger and heavier than the others.

Is there another one that I'm missing? Wich one would you choose in my situation and why?
Any kind of help will be appreciated, thank you so much!

Edited by lagartortazo

http://www.tecamp.de/en/products/cabinets/57-xs-112.html#specifications

The previous XS112 has a black grill and Neo speaker, light with bite and at 99db a good choice IMO. Depending where you are geographically speaking you might pick up a discontinued XS112 Neo at a good price.

Good hunting ;)

[quote name='Bill Fitzmaurice' timestamp='1431261178' post='2769317']
Which has the highest excursion/driver displacement? That's what limits low frequency output.
It's a bit of a trick question, since none of the listed examples tell you what their driver excursion limit/displacement is. :(
[/quote]
Do any manufacturers state those specifications?

[quote name='wateroftyne' timestamp='1431283448' post='2769621']
You're missing the TKS S112....

http://basschat.co.uk/topic/251931-ncd-tks-engineering-s112-cover/
[/quote]
Oh somehow I missed that thread. Those cabs look delicious, don't they? I'm hoping they sound just as good.
Cheers
Geoff

[quote name='RandomBass' timestamp='1431285387' post='2769656']
Oh somehow I missed that thread. Those cabs look delicious, don't they? I'm hoping they sound just as good.
Cheers
Geoff
[/quote]

They do - there's lots of threads on them, but shout up if you'd like to know anything specific.

[quote name='terocious' timestamp='1431324404' post='2769882']
+1 TKS 112
[/quote]

Yep - good call! Just about on budget, small, light, powerful and good-sounding :)

I'd still advise looking at second-hand cabs on here though. Some great deals to be had, which brings stuff like Aguilar and Barefaced into your budget range...