Why become a member? ×

Shuker Classic Super Jazz, Delanos, Aguilar Pre, As New
£800

Pete1967

Hi All,

I'm moving house, actually more accurately I'm building a house, and if anyone here has already done it I take my hat off to you because it's scary as hell while at the same time being one of the most exciting things I've ever done.

Needless to say I need to slim down the herd and raise as much cash as I can so I'll be selling quite a bit of stuff that I've collected over the years and I'll list most of it in a consolidated thread, but worthy of a separate listing is my Shuker Jazz bass.

I bought it directly from Jon in 2010 so it's a one owner extremely low mileage example.... It's never been gigged although I have used it at home for some recordings and practise, but it's always lived in its case and it is absolutely as new, not a mark on it.

Spec is as follows:
Ash body with black grain fill and satin green lacquer
Cream three ply, one piece scratchguard
Maple neck, satin finish
Madagascar Rosewood fretboard (rare apparently)
Brass nut
Stainless steel frets
Gotoh bridge
Hipshot ultralite tuners
Delano JC4AL/M2 Pickups (noiseless alnico split coils)
Aguilar OBP2 preamp with passive bypass
Black hardware

It's currently wired Vol/Bal/Stack tone, but I'm happy to rewire it t Vol/Vol/ Stack tone if perferred that way.

It comes with a Kases hard foam case which fits it perfectly and provides excellent protection.

I had a chat with Jon about what this spec would cost now and he indicated £1400, so this has to be bargain at £725 [s]£750 (was £800)[/s], and I'll certainly listen to sensible offers.

Delivery to UK mainland included.. please IM me for highlands, islands and further afield, or collection from north Leeds.

More pics available :)

Edited by Pete1967

[quote name='Pete1967' timestamp='1431176555' post='2768511']
I'm moving house, actually more accurately I'm building a house,
[/quote]

I misread that a few times - sounds exciting! In Leeds?

Lovely bass btw - green is the best colour!

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1431195768' post='2768751']
What is the weight please?
[/quote]

Hi Tom.. I hope you're well. I shall recover my fishing scales from the garage in the morning and let you know

P

[quote name='LukeFRC' timestamp='1431196421' post='2768761']
I misread that a few times - sounds exciting! In Leeds?

Lovely bass btw - green is the best colour!
[/quote]

Hey Luke, Yes in Leeds... Rounday to be exact, right on the park... hence the need for as much cash as I can lay my sticky fingers on :( Turns out building in a conservation area has a pricetag!

[quote name='Pete1967' timestamp='1431208461' post='2768889']
Hey Luke, Yes in Leeds... Rounday to be exact, right on the park... hence the need for as much cash as I can lay my sticky fingers on :( Turns out building in a conservation area has a pricetag!
[/quote] I can imagine it does around there! Wish I could help by taking this lovely bass off your hands but the wife points out our new house has a lack of any furniture so thats the priority!

[quote name='tom1946' timestamp='1431237563' post='2768998']
Fishing scales? that's a new one :lol:

I'm good Pete, you sound as though you're having fun.
[/quote]

Yes it's an odd combination of fun and blind panic!

The bass weighs in at 8 1/4 lbs according to my Leeda fishing scales... the heaviest thing they've ever weighed :lol:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...