Why become a member? ×

2010 Fender American Standard P Bass, Olympic White - Price Drop £750
£850

Martyin3d

[size=4]For sale is my b[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial,]eautiful Fender American Standard P Bass. I absolutely love this bass but I'm relocating to Peru in July so all but 1 bass have got to go! I've owned this from new (bought new in 2014, made in 2010) and it's been my main bass ever since. Has been gigged so there are a few scratches and one chip, nothing that affects playability though and all character building![/font][/color][/size]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial,]Currently strung with Labella flat wounds and it sounds huge! Incredible set up by Simon Jones of SGL guitars in Portsmouth, the neck and frets on this thing are perfect. It's without a doubt the nicest P bass I've come across. [/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial,]Comes with Fender hard case and all the goodies. I even have the receipt for £1158![/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial,]I'm based in Southampton and you're welcome to come and try it out! I drive to Swindon and West Cornwall regularly so if you're within reasonable distance or on the way to either of those places I can deliver or I'd be h[/font][/color][color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial,]appy to arrange courier at buyers expense.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial,]I'll be so sad to see this go, it was such a hard decision but I'm really making use of the extra strings on the Zon these days so that's the one that's staying.[/font][/color]

[color=#141823][font=helvetica, arial,]Full album with details of nicks etc: [url="http://imgur.com/a/k314q"]http://imgur.com/a/k314q[/url][/font][/color]

Update: After some comments below I got in touch with Fender who confirmed that it is a 2010 and should have the anniversary neck plate. I'm going to get in touch with the shop I bought it from and see if they know what could have happened to it. In the mean time I've taken £100 off the price even though it of course doesn't effect how awesome this bass is! Snap up a bargain!

Edited by Martyin3d

The serial number indicates this is a 2010 PB. From 2012 onwards custom shop pick ups with slightly raised pole pieces were fitted to USA Standard P and J basses, the photos show flush pole pieces also indicating pre 2012. Perhaps the thread title should say 2010 to avoid confusion?

Edited by Sparky Mark

[quote name='Martyin3d' timestamp='1431027722' post='2767146']
Hmmm interesting... As far as I was aware it's post 2012 as indicated by the ability string through the body... Anyone know if there's somewhere I can check the serial to be sure?
[/quote]

From the neck serial # it's clearly a 2010.
The string-through option does not mean post 2012, it has been available much earlier.
What does thatnumber on the neck plate mean?

Yea, I guess that's what's confusing me... I think he said it was a 2012. It was absolutely pristine when I got it. The Fender strings, which had obviously had been on it since the factory, weren't as unplayable as you'd expect for something 4 years old!

Edited by Martyin3d

As a 2010 pbass it would have had a USA standard neck plate. It would appear that someone has swapped yours with one from another bass (possibly a vintage reissue? ) as the serial number is not on the USA standard plate. Lovely bass all the same. If the shop did the swap that's bad.

Edited by Sparky Mark

I'd be really surprised if that happened in the shop. It's just a small independent place that sells mostly guitars. They only had this, a jazz bass and a few 2nd hand basses so I've no idea where a different plate would have come from.

This was bought new that's why I can't really see a situation where a swap would have taken place. It's really interesting... I've emailed Fender and hopefully they can shed some light on the situation.

Edited by Martyin3d

• 3 weeks later...