Why become a member? ×

Bonding with your basses?

Paul S

[quote name='discreet' timestamp='1430736486' post='2764086']

I was looking at that only t'other day. It's less than 19kg... also, Peavey have a rep for reliability.
But we seem to have wandered off topic, so maybe this should be done elsewhere. :)
[/quote]

I reckon you should try one 😆

Oh and i have really bonded with my new MIM P Bass but my back up is my Gretsch cheapy shorty G2220 😊

I think it could be http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paradise_Syndrome when it comes to GAS and bonding with instruments. Having found something that meets your requirements (a great bass), you feel a little deflated that the hunt may be ove

My Lakland is perfect, it makes me dribble whenever I see it and smile whenever I plug it in, if anything I play it the least as it makes the others seem a average - this will never be sold (said this before with others, but I mean it, honest).

The Precision has a special place as my Dad gave it to me a few years ago, I like to keep it as a benchmark of what a 'decent bass' sounds and feels plus it has that classic sound (flats and a foam mute in place).

The Corvette is only a couple of months old so hasn't had too much play time, but it feels great and sounds it too. I want to upgrade it to include an MM pickup at the bridge. Then again, I think it would add zero value to it and I'd prefer if it was just a Stingray (so I should sell it and get another Ray I suppose).

The Spector looks great but is perhaps underwhelming on it's own (it wants a big metal band to join in with). I'm also not really a big 6 string player. I think the fact this is my 2nd one and I sold the first one years ago and regretted it is stopping me parting with it, despite me being more knowledgeable now on why (plus I had to grovel to the missus to buy it !).

That said, i'm not even in a band anymore so should stop all this dillydallying and make some music.