Why become a member? ×

GONE Yamaha BB414, sparkly black, £140
£140

Paul S

I recently acquired this - a Yamaha BB414 in a kind of discreetly flecked metallic black. Lovely condition - then again I have no idea how old it is!

Lots of love for these on the forum and rightly so. For the price point these are astonishingly good basses with an aggressive P bass tone from the middle pickup - mix it with the bridge via the toggle switch and you have a very nice sound indeed with a character way beyond a bass this cheap should have. This one is set up nicely with a decently low action, neck is 40mm the nut and plays well. Weight is around 9.5lbs - and that is my problem as it is a tad too heavy for me. I considered changing the tuners for lightweight ones but decided in the end to move it on.

Plus, having already decided I have too many basses, I have just given in to GAS and bought a Squier Katana bass that just popped up on eBay. Something had to give and this one got the straw.

I am asking a very reasonable £140 collected from SS7, meet half way or deliver for fuel costs within a reasonable radius. No case or bag but lots of packaging for courier - Interparcel would be around £17 on top. Bank transfer, PayPal no fees or cash.

[attachment=190839:bb1.jpg][attachment=190840:bb2.jpg][attachment=190841:bb3.jpg][attachment=190842:bb4.jpg]

Edited by Paul S