Why become a member? ×

Music Live

Jarhead

I hope it's better than last year, which should have been renamed Guitar Live. Not enough there for us 'low-stringers' to warrant the entrance fee IMO (nice to meet Mark on the Bass Direct stand however)

Looking down the A-Z list of confirmed exhibitors doesn't seem to have improved from last year...shame :)

Edited by bassman2790

I haven't been for a couple of years, but the low FQ side of things was a bit of a let down when I did go. I've got terrible GAS at the mo so I'll probably leave with a load of stuff I don't need if I do go! Shame it's not before my next studio visit cos I'd quite like to replace my J5 but I don't think it's going to happen.

[quote name='bassman2790' post='267617' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:22 AM']I hope it's better than last year, which should have been renamed Guitar Live. Not enough there for us 'low-stringers' to warrant the entrance fee IMO (nice to meet Mark on the Bass Direct stand however)

Looking down the A-Z list of confirmed exhibitors doesn't seem to have improved from last year...shame :)[/quote]
I know what you mean about last year,although to be fair it did'nt matter much to me, because i had bugger all cash to spend :huh: hopefully I should have money this year, so I may purchase something if I feel like it lol
Zach

[quote name='BigRedX' post='268104' date='Aug 22 2008, 08:50 PM']Although last year's event was better than the corresponding LGS, it'll have to work hard to compete bass-wise with this years London event.[/quote]

Interesting bit of information: Music Live is (was) organised by Sound Control... which is why you'd never find the likes of the Bass Centre etc at Music Live.. Apparently Sound Control would never invite their competitors to the trade shows!

To be honest, both shows leave me cold in the Bass department. I think out of both I still only saw a couple of 6 string basses.. and even those weren't good spec.

[quote name='dood' post='268470' date='Aug 23 2008, 03:04 PM']Interesting bit of information: Music Live is (was) organised by Sound Control... which is why you'd never find the likes of the Bass Centre etc at Music Live.. Apparently Sound Control would never invite their competitors to the trade shows![/quote]
I'm 99% sure Bass Centre were there the year before last. However, if that's the case, hopefully the demise of SC might help make it a bit more varied & interesting - over the last few years it's really become pretty bland.

Jon.