Why become a member? ×

Musicman Sub (American) Question?

drewk_ie

I had de-fretted, it was lovely and I only just recently sold it on. I don't know if they did an ex-factory fretless, but the standard ones do lend themselves nicely to being made fretless.

EDIT for pic

[URL=http://s308.photobucket.com/user/ezbass/media/P1090199_zpsed464274.jpg.html][IMG]http://i308.photobucket.com/albums/kk344/ezbass/P1090199_zpsed464274.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Edited by ezbass

Fantastic basses at ridiculous prices (for the amount of bass)... I am selling one of mine tomorrow, but the other one will stay with me.
I've seen a SUB fretless once, unlined board, but it wasn't the original neck. The good news is it would not cost much to defret one. I've had two basses defretted (I removed the frets, and let a luthier finish the job properly, planing the board, filling fret slots etc). Under £100.

[quote name='drTStingray' timestamp='1428416440' post='2741068']
They didn't make a factory Sub fretless but that looks great.

Stingray fretlesses are great - in 3 band or 2 band form.
[/quote]

I ordered one from strings and things for a chap when I worked in a shop.
So they did exist.

My memory is good enough for me to remember that it was textured black.

It isn't good enough for me to remember what it was like as a bass.

An alternative is to get a USA Peavey fretless ,not easy to come across but they are great basses as well for chip money but keep it under your hat,don,t want the prices going up any more.
Both have great build quality,sound great and play very well,Peavey maybe shades the musicman due to the micro tilt neck that works.