Why become a member? ×

Your perfect rig...

Jarhead

[quote name='Jase' post='272179' date='Aug 29 2008, 12:27 AM']Mine is what I have at the moment....HA3500, VX810, Zoom 607, Fender Jazz x 2.[/quote]
*Shakes hands with the hartke fan* :)

[quote name='simondee' post='266457' date='Aug 20 2008, 05:00 PM']apologies for the silly cartoon, but this:

Saw it a few times live and his tone actually did bring a few tears.[/quote]

That looks sooo complicated, but if you've got a team of techies to set it up for ya, then why the hell not! :huh:

When I saw that the first thing I thought was "oooh, 18" cones *homer-esque gargle*" but I'm guessing I might need some smaller cones for the mids and tops to round out the sound...mebby my 2x15 would suffice as a tweeter! :huh:

• 3 weeks later...

For me, the perfect one would be quite simple:
2x Ashdown Klystron 1000 head, and for each one:
* 2x Ashdown Neo 410h
* 2x Ashdown Neo 115h
Lemme put it this way, i <3 the Ashdown sound :]
And for a bass... Well, my current one - Yamaha RBX-375 is a really neat one, really hard to diss - 5string, big badass humbuckers, really full rock/metal sound. For my perfect bass i would want something similar, but a 35" scale bass would be better. So the perfect bass for me: A Spector Legend 5 in matte black - hate the glossy black, due to fingerprinting, and the matte is a lot nicer.
For effects:
Either a ZOOM B9.1UT, or:
*BOSS CH-1 CHORUS
*BOSS ODB-3 BASS OVERDRIVE
*DIGITECH WHAMMY 4 PEDAL
*DUNLOP BASS Q CRYBABY

Edited by fekalizatorius

I would go for:

Gallien Krueger head (power rating depending on requirements)
Trace Elliot cabs

A distortion pedal which doesn't sound crap. I'm currently making one based on BK Butler's Tube Driver. Nearly done!
A wah too. I've never tried a bass wah before, so I don't know which make. I'll likely end up with a Crybaby, which will need modding (if it's anything like the guitar version).

Ibanez basses

This is, excluding the pedals, pretty much my current rig. I played through a small EBS combo the other day in a rehearsal studio and that sounded really good. It was also the first time I had played through something other than Trace Elliot, and I rather liked it. But I'll still stick with what I have.

GK: because I love the GK sound. I got my amp from The Funk here, and it has been nothing but a joy to play since then.
Trace: for reasons above, really, I suppose.
Pedals: because the would be cool to use (sparingly, though!)
Ibanez: it's almost as if they design their basses based on my preferences! They all feel like home!

But as this is a dream rig, I'd like it to be lightweight (the TE cabs I have are h-e-a-v-y) and for it to make tea and also blackberry pie with vanilla sauce. Tea is to be Lipton Earl Grey, no milk, no sugar, and the vanilla sauce has to be thick and nice but not too rich and creamy, as lactose and I don't get along too well.

[quote name='fekalizatorius' post='287652' date='Sep 19 2008, 08:44 PM']And for a bass... Well, my current one - Yamaha RBX-375 is a really neat one, really hard to diss - 5string, big badass humbuckers, really full rock/metal sound. For my perfect bass i would want something similar, but a 35" scale bass would be better.[/quote]

have you seen the rbx775? it's basically that, a sexier version of the 375 and with a 35" scale.

[quote name='escholl' post='288874' date='Sep 22 2008, 01:53 AM']have you seen the rbx775? it's basically that, a sexier version of the 375 and with a 35" scale.[/quote]
Yes :] Nice bass to be honest. But I just loved the way the 375 felt, so I went with it, and put aside the remaining cash for an Ashdown. Don`t know why, but it just felt great, loved how the pickups had those grooves for the thumb. And the 2x price tag didn`t seem to be that better, to be worth it :)