Why become a member? ×

New amp day!

geoham

Having owned a TC Electronic BH500 for about the past six months, I've been after something a bit more portable. I was at the London Bass Show at the weekend and picked up the tiny BH550 for only £339. I took it to rehearsal last night and plugged into An SWR 8x12 cab - not disappointed in the slightest. Master volume well under half way and it held its blew away two Marshall JCM 900s in to 4x12s, a loud drummer and an electric violin.

It sounded FAR better (and louder!) than the rehearsal room's SVT and is fraction of the size.

The guy at the TC stand insisted the 800 watt would serve me better - more headroom, but given how loud this wee thing is, I can't see me ever needing more power.

Here it is!
[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/iIaXc9b.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1426239599' post='2715923']
Did you say you put it through an 8x12 cab as part of your more portable setup??
[/quote]

Yes, I just spotted that too! :D Is there even such a thing as an 8x12 cab?? If there is, I want one! :gas:

[quote name='Roland Rock' timestamp='1426239599' post='2715923']
Did you say you put it through an 8x12 cab as part of your more portable setup??
[/quote]

The irony! Was an 8x10 obviously, fool of a man that I am. It belongs to the rehearsal room, not me. My portable setup is a 2x10 TC cab, sometimes two if I'm feeling enthusiastic!

I can now do a one trip unload.. Laptop bag with amp, effects etc over my shoulder, cab in one hand and bass in the other.

Big difference to last year when I was gigging with my Ashdown Mag stuff. Sounds great, but was damn heavy!