Why become a member? ×

1986 G&L SB 1 SOLD!!
£650

HazBeen

I got a G&L SB1 in a recent (part) trade and really do not have any need for it so am sticking with my good 'ole L2500.

Low exchange rate Euro to GBP mean I can offer this for 650GBP shipped insured to UK, maybe even 600 if I ship with neck detached.

A real players instrument with dings, scratches and wear associated with almost 30 years of use.[list]
[*]Neck is straight, frets have enough life in them
[*]Pickups are the G&L MFDs, not the later Seymour Duncans
[*]Neck is dated October '86, body November '86
[*]Old headstock shape
[/list]
Some particulars worth noting:
The scratch plate is not original, pots are not original (capacitor is it appears), jack is not original, strap buttons are not original (although appear to be genuine G&L). All other hardware and components original; most importantly the MFDs are original.

The scratch plate fitted appears to be a close but not perfect fit so you can see some little imperfections with how it is aligned and fitted to the body.

Some people call it MOJO :), sounds great. A P on steroids.

Does not come with the original case (not present) but does come in a Warwick Rockbag gigbag.

Apparently this came from USA as is but I cannot confirm or disprove.

Looking for a sale on this only really.

Anyone?

Pics (sorry not great, but I tried :)...): [url="http://s87.photobucket.com/user/welcometombh/library/GandL%20SB1"]http://s87.photobuck...ary/GandL%20SB1[/url]

Edited by HazBeen

[quote name='Handwired' timestamp='1426057505' post='2713783']
I would never part with my 1988 SB1, it's blown away every Precision it's ever gone up against.
[/quote]

1985 SB1 in my possession since 1990. All the quality of a custom shop Fender at a fraction of the price. tommorichards - it may well be possible to still get a crackle finish pickguard from G&L. If not it will be possible (for a price) to get one laser cut and crackle finished. Whatever the finish is, it is b* tough. Mine still looks like new.