Why become a member? ×

You've played bass, done the gigs, now's the time to have to offload everything bar bass/ amp and maybe effects for home noodling ..

We still gig, so I couldn't possibly say what I would do. I suppose if you have definitely given up playing and there's no chance of ever playing again, I might visit the possibility of selling, but I still like having a collection for looking at even if I wasn't playing them. I do play them all by the way.

[quote name='ubit' timestamp='1425366667' post='2706494']
We still gig, so I couldn't possibly say what I would do. I suppose if you have definitely given up playing and there's no chance of ever playing again, I might visit the possibility of selling, but I still like having a collection for looking at even if I wasn't playing them. I do play them all by the way.
[/quote]

I bought them, so I'm playing them all. All my basses are in gigging rotation. Right now I'm gigging with my Gibson ES-335 bass and my Gibson 1991 Thunderbird.

I lost a 1957 Pre CBS Fender Precision after that I learned my lesson. Unless I'm starving I'm not selling off any gear.

Blue

Edited by blue

[quote name='blue' timestamp='1425423586' post='2707318']

I bought them, so I'm playing them all. All my basses are in gigging rotation. Right now I'm gigging with my Gibson ES-335 bass and my Gibson 1991 Thunderbird.

I lost a 1957 Pre CBS Fender Precision after that I learned my lesson. Unless I'm starving I'm not selling off any gear.

Blue
[/quote]
Nice collection;) I have a few more basses than you, and am not putting them to use. Just seems odd in comparison .

I really couldn't imagine doing this - indeed if I didn't play in bands I would supplement playing at home by going to jam sessions - and I would keep all my basses (they are all Musicman) and my rigs and effects.

I would not be happy not to play with other musicians.

• 2 weeks later...

Talking to my brother tonight. He says' you hardly touch your basses now. You don't need so many!' Thing is, I can't really argue with that. Latest thing I'm thinking is, trim down to 3 .Then, if I do that, why not get rid of everything and get 3 from scratch . ( ie fretted/ fretless & 1 other) .